Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
New Form Entry WIndow
KTReddy
Hi,
We are using TS6.1 CCP on Solaris, When we select "New Form Entry" to create new DCR, then it opens the full size window and not even able to see the "Next" and "Cancel" buttons, until we scroll down to page. We would like to reduce the size of this window, so that we can see "Next" and "Cancel" buttons without scolling down every time we create new DCR.
Is there any way to control the window size. Pls find the attachment. I referred the ui guide and support site and there is only one new article "52722".
I would appreciate, if any one had a solution for this kind of problem.
Thanks,
KT
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
If I understand the problem, I think you could use FormAPI to manipulate the window and/or frame sizes - just check a JavaScript reference for the appropriate methods. I am not sure if there is an IW standard way.
KTReddy
John,
If this is some thing with new DCR form, we can try as you said, but this is diff. problem. I think you did't get my problem. When we select "New Form Entry" in file menu option, it opens the window with "Select Form" and templates which we we can select in the radio buttons. then select the template(form) and click on"next" to open the dct form to enter the data.
I tried to attach the screen schot, it gave me the error.
Thansk,
KT
Migrateduser
Sorry, I am not sure how you would address this issue. Are there irrelevant templates appearing in the DCT selector? You might try configuring templating.cfg to reduce the list, not sure if that would help.
You might try zipping the attachment.
KTReddy
Pls find the zip file. I have only 2 categories and thrww forms.
Thanks,
KT
iwovGraduate
The file inside the zip file does not have an extension.
Try again.
Migrateduser
What should the extension on this file be, I tried .gif, .jpg and .bmp but none worked.
KTReddy
Sorry for that.
Pls find Word doc inside zip.
Thanks,
KT
Migrateduser
No wonder pbrush didn't like it. That does look really bad. I would file a bug report.
Adam Stoller
I haven't looked at your posted document (bit rushed right now) - but let me see if I understand your issue(s) correctly:
1. The New Form window comes up in a full-size browser window
2. You need to scroll to the bottom in order to find the "Next" / "Cancel" buttons.
With respect to '1' - you might be able to control that through the UITK customizations - or possibly even with the browser itself (I've seen cases where a browser "remembers" the size of the last window you re-sized and uses that for all new windows)
With respect to '2' - I think you'd need to file a feature request through Support. I think it's a valid point that the controls (at least the Cancel button) for the window are not *always* visible (either at the top, bottom, or sides) - regardless of whether you need to scroll through the form entry page to see all your fields. My guess, though, is that it was a design decision to "force" users to view the *entire* form entry page before attempting to go forward (or cancel).
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
KTReddy
You got my problem.
regarding to "you might be able to control that through the UITK customizations ", I searched ui guide and did't find any information. If you have done this, help me, pls.
We will open case with Interwoven about this, if I can't do it. I am not sure, whether KB article 52722 and patch help to solve this or not.
Once again Thanks for all.
KT
Students.JPG
Adam Stoller
With respect to '1' - perhaps you can use FormAPI code to snake its way up to the window level and perform a javascript resize operation on the window? If so - this would allow you to customize it on a per-DCT level. (if you get this to work, please post the details)
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com