Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
WA permission in workflow
System
Hi,
I have a specific requirement in a workflow as underlined below -
I create a WA during the course of the workflow (through an external task) and make one user (writer) owner of it. The WA has 770 permission meaning "others" won't be able to see the WA. Now that owner will create or modify a file and send that for further editing to another user. That 2nd user must have write access to the workarea as he needs to work on the file. I can add that 2nd user to the Group that shares the WA. After editing the file needs to be send to reviewers for review. Now those reviewers should only have read only access to the WA. So I can not add them to the same group as editor. Also reviewers can not be "others" as they need read access to the WA.
Appreciate if any body could throw some light on how this can be acheived.
Thanks
-PB
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
Assuming that there is a requirement that 'other' doesn't have read access to the workarea, create another workarea "review" that has group="reviewers" associated with it - and use an updatetask to copy the file from the original workarea to the reviewer workarea and then have the review tasks specify the reviewer workarea for their areavpath.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com