Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
install problems on solaris 9
COHIBA
Attempting to install 6.1 on Solaris 9.
Getting Syntax error upon executing the install :
Preparing to install...
Extracting the JRE from the installer archive...
Unpacking the JRE...
Extracting the installation resources from the installer archive...
Configuring the installer for this system's environment...
Launching installer...
/tmp/install.dir.8754/Solaris/resource/jre/bin/java: syntax error at line 1: `(' unexpected
I'm new to Solaris - thanks for any help.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
I'd suggest contacting support. Someone here *might* be able to help you, but ...
As a shot in the dark - are you sure that the system has all the latest Java patches installed?
Do you have BSD compatibility installed (I seem to recall that the install scripts used to make use of certain BSD'isms that weren't guaranteed to be installed)?
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com