Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
MDC CGI problem
PSUwin
Migrating from TS 5.5.2 SP2 to TS 6.1 SP1
Our MDC template has (among other) the following definitions
(see attached)
The cgi script for the sub-segment needs to use the value of the selected segment in the DB query it does. In TS 5.5, iw_callback_var was essentially "fully qualified" metadata field name ( for example 1_Segments/0/Sub-Segments/0/Sub-Segment )
We were able to "parse" this value to get the field name (including replicant number) of the Segment associated with this sub-segment.... ie. 1_Segments/0/Segment or 1_Segments/1/Segment, etc. We could then pull the existing value for that field off the form to use in the query in the sub-segment cgi.
This is no longer working in TS 6, because the iw_callback_var is now "prop" plus some random? number.
I've used show_env.cgi in TS 6.1, but I'm not seeing anything that could be used. Any "recommended" ways to do this. I'm pretty new to cgi programming and inherited this existing code. Thanks.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
This has already been reported - see
this thread
and
the thread
I've heard rumor that this
might
be addressed in an upcomming SP - though I'm not entirely sure yet whether that's 6.1SP2 or 6.5SP1 or something else altogether. When I have something more explicit I'll post the details (unless someone from Interwoven scoops me ;-)
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
PSUwin
Thanks. I did search, not sure how I missed it. Did you ever find another workaround, or try to implement Mukesh's hack?
Adam Stoller
To the best of my knowledge there is NO other workaround - and no - I wasn't intending to use that hack because it completely defeats the purpose and maintainability of the code and still doesn't provide for being able to get a handle on the file being tagged.
Hopefully, in the not-too-distant-future this will be resolved officially by Interwoven.
If not on the 6.1/6.5 baselines than almost assuredly on the 6.7 baseline when they're suppose to revamp the templating and metadata capture UIs to use the same engine ... unfortunately 6.7 is due out Q12005 and 5.5.2 is EOL at the end of Q22005 - and I'm hoping to have more than 3 months to work on porting and testing...
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com