Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Can a web form create a TeamSite DCR?
dlsoderberg
I have just gotten a request to see if I can set up a web form to write directly back to TeamSite. Has anyone ever tried to create a DCR from a web form on submit? My other option is to have the web form write to our Oracle database, then transfer the data from the database to TeamSite. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
I know this has been done and your methodology seems okay. Of course, there would be some backend effort involved, etc., but I'd think the most critical aspect of this to consider will be around policy. For instance, what to do if the file to be written to is either edit locked or in a workflow? How will you authenticate on the web form side so that there's appropriate ownership of the DCR?
Dave
Current Environment(s):
(1) TS 6.1 SP2 on W2K3
(2) TS 6.1 SP2 on W2K
akshathp
If you mean just to create a new DCR from web form then yes I have implemented that in past. Here's what I did:
1. Capture the items in web form
2. Run validation (as per required field requirements)
3. Submit content into database
Then,
In my case I ran a scheduled job to run a script to
4. check for new entries in database
5. Then create XML code with values from database entry
6. Save the XML file in TeamSite (templatedata/<category>/<type>/data) location
7. Apply TeamSite extended attributes for DCR and
8. Submit the DCR.
From this point forward, TeamSite takes the file as a DCR and if edited in TeamSite GUI, it opens in Forms Publisher UI.
Hope this helps!
Akshat Pramod Sharma