Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Custom Perl Module Help in 6.1
AmyRush
I have just installed a fresh w2k, ts 6.1 and I'm trying to use an old custom .pm. I can't figure out how to use it in this new version. You are so quick, I need a little help, and you'll be quicker than my research, I'd wager.
In 5.5.2 script I had:
use Teamsite::taskhist;
taskhist.pm lives in iw-home\iw-perl\site\5.00503\lib\TeamSite
Where does the new pm have to go and what do I use in my script to execute it?
Obviously, I've forgotten a bunch while my 5.5.2 box was running happily.
Thanks!
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Sunil Mugalavally
hi,
You could move the "taskhist.pm" to "iw-home\iw-perl\site\lib\Teamsite\" and the scripts should just work fine with no changes made.
There are a few posts on devnet you could search on if you need more info.
AmyRush
SPECTACULAR!! Thank you!!!
Dwayne
The information provided is correct, and I understand that you're porting legacy code, but ...
IMO, you really shouldn't be using
TeamSite::
as your module package prefix. That makes it look like something supplied by Interwoven, which will no doub confuse the next person who has to maintain the system after you. I would recommend using
MyCompany
::
(where
MyCompany
is replaced with something meaningful for your company, of course) instead of
TeamSite::
.
--
Current project: TS 5.5.2/6.1 W2K
AmyRush
Great point! Thanks!