Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
How to point iw-store to different directory
peri
Hi All,
I am sure this question might have been answered several times. I can not find the right answer.
I want to point iw-store from its default location on Windows NT system from c:\iw-store to a different location say c:\temp\iw-store.
I have setup an entry in iw.cfg to point the content store directory to c:\temp\iw-store and executed following commands:
iwstoreadm -d default to deactive existing store
modified entry in iw.cfg to point to the new location
Ran iwreset -a
iwstoreadm -a default to reactive the new store
This is not working. I feel it should be pretty easy thing to change the iw-store directory and am bummed there is no clear documentation on this. There is lot on multiple stores but not this particular one.
Any help is really appreciated.
Thanks
Murthy
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mgal
You might have to modify the registry entry too
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Interwoven\TeamSite
"iw-store"="C:\\iw-store" to c:\temp\iw-store
Hope this helps.
Thxs,
Mohammed Gazal.
peri
Hi Mohammed,
Thanks for the reply. It did not help. I am wondering if there is a list of steps that need to be executed to repoint the iw-store to diff directory. How do we tell where the TeamSite is looking for the iw-store. Is it through iwgetstore command...looks like this entry is just looking at the registry entry.
Thanks
Murthy
stefanmaier
Hi,
try to change your iw.cfg, section [iwserver].
You can use the following entries:
store_directory_xyz=C:\temp\xyz-store
store_comment_xyz=Comment for Store xyz
regards,
Stefan
peri
Hi,
I did that, but no luck in getting the app working. It seems like, even after chaning iw.cfg enries and registry entires. The TeamSite is still looking at default location c:\iw-store.
Murthy
JonathonG
If you want to move the "default" store (including the workflow portion), and don't want to play around with multi-store, follow the following steps:
1) Stop TeamSite server process (on windows: net stop iwserver, on *nix: /etc/init.d/iw.server stop)
2) Modify registry entry.
3) Restart TeamSite server process (change 'stop' to 'start' from step 1)
This should create a new, blank store at the new location specified in iw.cfg.
Jonathon
Independent Interwoven Contractor