Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Automatic refile
Gilad
Hi,
As I understood when dragging an existing document to Worksite folder it doesn't receive the folder's metadata.
A user can use the refile option but it cannot be done automatically.
Is there a way to automate this process?
something like triggering the refile option automatically after drag and drop of an existing document to Worksite folder?
thks,
Gilad
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Weiqun
Dragging an existing document to a WorkSite folder in the same database, user will be prompted with a dialog to refile this document. If the software does not do that, and the re-file key was not disabled, then there might be a bug. Could you please let me know which version of the software you are using?
Thanks,
Weiqun
Gilad
Is there a way for an automatic refile when dragging an existing document to a Worksite folder in the same database?
(without prompting a dialog)
Gilad
jny
There isn't a way to skip the progress dialog via the SDK, but this is the registry key you may use to disable it:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Interwoven\WorkSite\8.0\Common\Advanced Options]
"Enable Refile"="Y" //enabled by default
bwalker13
Hello,
I would like to pick this thread up with regards to a slightly different customization request.
The first part of the requirement is to disable re-filing. This can be achieved with the registry modification that jny provided in the previous post.
The second requirement is to call up an Edit profile dialog when a document is dragged from one folder to another. Outside of the merits of this particular requirement, has anyone implemented this particular functionality through registry modifications or the like?
Thanks.
B. Walker
jny
If this is for DeskSite 8, you may use the following key:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREInterwovenWorkSiteAdd-InsCommandsOnline]
"MoveContents"="MyProject.MyProgID"
I don't know a reg key to set for FileSite yet; I'm not sure it's currently supported but I'll find out when I have sometime.
Migrateduser
Can you provide more information about this? Does this allow us to intercept the Refile message and route it to our own iCommand? Any information about doing this for FileSite?
Migrateduser
Also, are you sure this is the correct registry key? I can't get it to work...
jny
This is the key to hijack the IManExt2.IManRefileCmd anywhere this is executed in both DeskSite and FileSite; that is when you do drag-n-drop or explicit refile (off of the context menu.)
[HKLM\Software\Interwoven\Worksite\Add-Ins\commands\online]
"IManRefile"="MyProject.MyProgID"
The MoveContents key setting only works to hijack the move command in its drag-n-drop action or explicit move from within DeskSite -- not FileSite. There isn't a way to hijack the drag-n-drop move action in FileSite.