Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Restricting a workflow to folder within a workarea
B80116
TeamSite 6.1, Windows 2000
Is it possible to restrict a workflow to a specific folder within a workarea?
I want to configure a certain workflow so it is only activated when a submit is performed on files in one folder in a user's workarea. For example, in the workarea "dj", I want the workflow to run only when files are submitted from the "a_jjreid" folder.
I tried this in the workflow's available_templates.cfg entry, but it does not work:
<branch_list>
<branch include="yes" value="/default/main/Internet/WORKAREA/dj/a_jjreid"/>
<branch include="no" value="all"/>
</branch_list>
If I leave off the "/a_jjreid", the workflow is available only within the "dj" workarea, which is good, but I want to be able to restrict it even further, down to the specific a_jjreid folder.
Is that possible?
Thanks!
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
Are you sure it doesn't work?
Are you talking about for new_job? submit? or tt_data initiated workflows?
I just verified on a 5.5.2 SP2 Solaris 8 system that the full areavpath (including directories) is used for New Job and Submit workflows (tt_data initiated workflows have, unfortunately, never supported more than a branchvpath).
I don't have access to a 6.1 system right now to verify there - but basically you can enable DEBUG_MODE in available_templates.ipl and add a debug line like:
debug("BRANCH: $BRANCH\n");
as the second line in the available_templates() subroutine, initiate the job, and then look in IWHOME/tmp/cci/ for a file that begins with "template." which will contain all the debugging output.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
B80116
Hi Ghoti,
This is for workflows that are instantiated by doing a submit.
I have played with this some more, and I have found that it is NOT working in TS 6.1 Content Center user interface,
but it IS working in TS 6.1 WebDeskPro user interface. Naturally, we need it to work in Content Center.
I followed your suggestion to enable DEBUG_MODE in available_templates.ipl. I found that the template log file in IWHOME/tmp/cci/ is NOT being generated when submitting files from the TS 6.1 Content Center UI, which makes me wonder if TS 6.1 Content Center uses some other program besides the available_templates.ipl to parse through available_templates.cfg to determine available workflows.
Maybe that program does not comprehend attempts to restrict workflow availability down to the folder level?
Adam Stoller
Hmm - very interesting - I don't recall hearing or seeing anything about a change to the way available_templates.cfg was being processed - but you're right - it doesn't seem to be using available_templates.ipl anymore...
I suggest opening up a case with Support to:
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
B80116
Ok, I have opened a support case with Interwoven. I'll let you know here what I find out.
Thanks, ghoti!
stefanmaier
Hi all,
are there any news on this thread?
We are using CCPro on TS6.5+Win2003.
If we retrict a workflow to a directory in a workarea, the worklow is not available.
On our old system TS5.5.2SP5 on Win2000 the restriction works well...
Regards
Stefan
B80116
Interwoven's response to my support request was:
"At present, restricting a workflow to a specific folder within a workarea is not supported."
That was in July of 2004.