Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Get UI Context
AlisonQH
Hi,
We've had a good look around the forums for some info on how to determine users UI context (CCStd or CCPro). We're hoping to identify a users CCI so we can either transition them into a Metadata entry task or bypass it. Is this possible? any thoughts would be appreciated.
Cheers
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
gzevin
I am afraid it's not possible.
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
Migrateduser
You could have a cgitask that sets a WF variable before transitioning them into a Metadata task (or not) which would look at the top document's URL (i.e. whether it contains ccpro or ccstd). Then an externaltask would route it accordingly.
If I'm not clear on your requirements, please clarify.
Dave
Current Environment(s):
(1) TS 6.1 SP1 on W2K3
(2) TS 6.1 SP1 on W2K
(3) TS 5.5.2 SP2 on Win2K
DavidMusser
Are you sure? I want to do something similar... the idea is that I have 1 workflow.... if a power user (sorry for the old school reference) submits a file in CCPRO the workflow will say... Hey you need to fill out MetaData... so away it goes to the metadata capture screen first.
Or if the user is in CCSTD and using the wizards it skips this cause the MetaData capture is part of the default wizard.
Anyway just curious if this is NOT Possible at all...
David R Musser
Eye Street Software
540-542-5257
dmusser@eyestreet.com
Win2k, TS 6.5 SP1, OD 6.01
DavidMusser
I did find that you can turn it off in the UICG, but I was really hopeful that I would not have to add the tagging step to all of my workflows, but rather detect what's going on in the one flow that I need... oh well :-)
David R Musser
Eye Street Software
540-542-5257
dmusser@eyestreet.com
Win2k, TS 6.5 SP1, OD 6.01
gzevin
my latest view on that is that Metadata tagging step in the Wizards should be considered harmful, and as such, banned.
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
Bill Klish
If you are going into a CGI task you can access the current context by inspecting a cookie value called iw_which_ui. It will either contain ccstd or ccpro. You could then do your conditional logic based upon the results.
WARNING: This is set during login, so if you allow switching between UIs without logging out, this cookie value will not get updated.
This assumes TeamSite 6.1 or higher