Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Edit DCR in Workflow
summergs
Hello,
I have a workflow that allows a contributor to submit a DCR to the approver. The approver can then EDIT the DCR, approve, dissapprove, or cancel the job.
I am having a problem with the approver editing the DCR as TeamSite throws the error: "You do not have permissions to edit this file".
1. I have checked the acls - ok.
2. I have put an unlock task before the approver task to unlock the DCR.
3. The workarea has the correct Group for Sharing.
Note: The approver can create an new DCR without getting a permission error.
Any Ideas?
Thanks in advance!!
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
I'll shoot the standard questions...
What TS version, what OS / version?
Can you also paste the task's XML definition from the .wft file?
Finally, are you able to mimic the userid and edit this file from the OS?
Dave
Current Environment(s):
(1) TS 6.1 SP1 on W2K3
(2) TS 6.1 SP1 on W2K
(3) TS 5.5.2 SP2 on Win2K
Adam Stoller
Perhaps you're running into a lock issue.
If you run
iwfilestate
full-vpath-to-DCR
from the command line on the server - what does it show?
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
summergs
Windows2000, TS5.5
It appears as though my 'Group for Sharing' is not taking. If I look at the file permissions via Window Security tab I do NOT see the Group for Sharing that I set up when I created the Branch and the WorkArea.
If I look at the File Properties through TeamSite (via File: File Properties) I see:
-----------------------
Area Security: \default\main\gov\Projects\state\WORKAREA\workarea
Writable Owner Permissions
Yes SERVER\user1 SERVER\user1: Full Control (All)
SERVER\state: Full Control (All)
Workflow:
Job (ID) Job Owner Task (ID) Task Owner
This file is not associated with any tasks.
Lock:
Workarea Lock Holder Lock Time
This file is not locked.
TeamSite Extended Attributes:
Attribute Value
TeamSite/Templating/DCR/Type State_Templates/Test
------------------------------
iwfilestate indicates:
Conflicts: No
Current: Yes
Modified: Yes
Editable: Yes
Not Locked
Not Assigned
Adam Stoller
Am I correct in interpreting this output that SERVER\state is a group, and that the reviewing editor in the workflow process is a member of that group?
Was this editor recently added to this group? - if so you might need to run 'iwreset' (without any flags) to force TeamSite to re-read the userid and groups.
Are you using ActiveDirectory server or some form of LDAP server for authentication? Perhaps there's a problem with TeamSite getting that information?
In this particular case - the output shows that the file you're looking at is *not* associated with a job, so I'm assuming you got this output either *before* the job was started or *after* the job was completed - and not, as suggested at the point in which the workflow complains about the user not having editing rights (although to be fair, I missed the fact that you said you had put an unlock task prior to the review task)
Is the review task a grouptask or a usertask? If a grouptask - did the reviewer take ownership of the task before attempting to edit the DCR?
It's kind of difficult to tell how close or far from the mark my questions are - as I cannot experience the problem first-hand - but hopefully they'll either hit the mark or lead to something that will...
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
summergs
Hello, (TS5.5, WIndows 2000)
I am SOOO frustrated! My DCRs are losing the NTFS group (in the security tab) when edited or a new DCR created. It apprears that the Group for Sharing when setting up the Branches and Workareas are only for the Backing Store and not for NTFS. I am trying to run the windows cacls from the workflow but I must not have the syntax correct. Can someone sanity check my syntax?
Many Thanks!
$ntfsCommand = "C:/WINNT/system/cacls Y:/default/main/mybranch/WORKAREA/workarea /E /T /G HO662_51:C";
Workflow task:
#------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Reset NTFS permissions
#------------------------------------------------------------------------------
__INSERT__("<externaltask name='NTFS_Reset' owner='$varApprover3' readonly='t'><areavpath v='$areavpath'/>");
__INSERT__("<successors><successorset description='NTFS Complete'><succ v='Final_Review'/></successorset></successors>\n");
__INSERT__("<command v='$ntfsCommand'/>\n");
__INSERT__("<activation><pred v='Unlock_Approver3'/></activation>");
__INSERT__("</externaltask>\n");
Adam Stoller
You cannot run a command like that for externaltasks - you need to wrap the command in a script that will perform a callback.
However - it might be simpler if you simply make sure you have a properly configured submit.cfg file - read the Admin manul for more details
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
summergs
Ugg...I forgot that I had to perform that via script....DUH!
Thanks!!!
civ3
Is the review task read-only task?
I didn't experience NTFS issues myself. So I don't have a clue for NTFS problem.
civ3.