Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
context editor
bozo
In creating our site, we have a master index page and several sub-pages generated by ostream. In an attempt to create a consistent editing environment, I have put the extended attributes of the master file onto the output file.
That is, the sub-pages look like this:
$ iwextattr -l Shereena39spage1.html
TeamSite/Templating/Encoding=
TeamSite/Templating/PrimaryDCR=news
TeamSite/Templating/PrimaryDocumentType=centres/news
TeamSite/Templating/PrimaryPT=default.tpl
This works fine, except that if you edit one of these files, the index page overwrites the sub-page and it starts the entire hierarchy one level down.
Has anyone seen a way to define in the generated page what the 'real' output page is, or change the default ostream?
Thanks
John
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
gzevin
if I am correct, I was behind the initial coding of this, right?
I actually always wondered why people would attach EAs to ostream'ed files, for the exact reason you are mentioning - you will be able to edit the primary DCR, but if you regenerate on the spot, your auxilliary file will be (naturally) overwritten.
I would suggest not to do the process you are describing, or put it into the context of a specialised workflow, that could be invoked by tt_data.
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
bozo
I'm still having trouble with this - 1 year+ later.
I would like
i) people to be able to select edit on the output files and have the primary DCR loaded in the form for editing.
ii) accurate preview would a good thing
So yes I have not managed to avoid the solution which has all the pages in a section loaded into a single form.
At the moment if people browse to one of the sub-pages, they get the page loaded in their 'default editor' - usually Microsoft Word.
The workflow does regenerate the page that is submitted. If it was a sub-page with no attributes, then it would presumably just fail.
I could:
1. ideally change the default ostream to be =~ ![^/]*$|index.html| Can't do this as the doc says that you can't change the name of the default ostream.
2. change this so that the workflow always regenerates index.html. Preview/site browsing will still be broken.
3. do something with the visual preview tool bar so that people don't get it on sub-pages. Would not stop people from getting it from 'work in progress' or browsing for the file.
4. hack things so there is another regenerate from the template - bad hack.
Thanks
John
mstradling
1. ideally change the default ostream to be =~ ![^/]*$|index.html| Can't do this as the doc says that you can't change the name of the default ostream.
While you can't change the name of the default output stream, you might be able to subvert it.
Code the body of the TPL (the main ostream) to not output anything. To keep preview you can detect preview/generation and add the appropreate conditional code.
After the main section, run ostreams for each and every page - including the index page.
Something to try.