Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Viewing Locked Files in TS 6.1
taiyo
I'm wondering if TS 6.1 prevents users from viewing files that are locked by other users??? I've tried using the "View Source" option but it doesn't do anything. I would like to be able to view the code of a file that is locked by another user without having to be a Master and unlock the file.
Am I missing something??
Thanks,
taiyo
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
Which UI?
Have you tried just clicking on the file and then doing a View Source from the browser window?
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
taiyo
I'm logged in the Professional UI --- I guess viewing the source would work after clicking the file name. I'm just wondering if the Option was removed in TS 6.1
The issue being --- how do i explain to users that they cannot View Files as they used to be able to if they are locked by someone else.
thanks!
Edited by taiyo on 07/19/04 03:52 PM (server time).
taiyo
Still wondering why View Source doesn't work? Thinking I should create a case with support as View Source doesn't work for us on locked files or unlocked files.
mika
View Source does not work for me, either. We're using TeamSite 6.1 on a Windows server. I haven't bothered to submit a support item, but it is a pain because our site uses ASP, which means the code from viewing the source via a browser ends up being substantially different from the original code.
The way I work around it is to go into the file system instead via Windows Explorer. Assume (or hope) it is fixed in 6.5.
thrivent_greg
View Source isn't working for us either. I have an open case with Interwoven about it and they determined it was indeed a bug and will be fixed in TS6.5SP1. A work around I found is to pre-create the teamsite directory structure in your C:\iwtemp directory. This can be easily done with the XCOPY command. Not a great solution, but it's pretty much the only one when you have Direct Edit configured. Also, if you disable direct edit, View Source will work. Not an option for us since all users are trained on using direct edit.
Incidentally, this bug is actually a regression. I reported and got a fix for this same bug with TS5.5.2 a couple years ago. How's that for quality control from Interwoven?
Migrateduser
thrivent_greg,
There can be several reasons that View Source might fail, but yes the specific
scenario you outlined has indeed been fixed for 6.5_SP1 (when that releases - I don't
know the date for that, sorry) and there should be a patch available for 6.1_SP2 fairly
soon from support.
Jason Heirtzler
Interwoven Engineering
Migrateduser
Taiyo -
Not sure about your case.. there's not enough details. If you've
configured LaunchPad to use the Direct Edit option then you may
have the same bug. If not, there can be other causes such as
bugs in IE itself. Contact support...
Mika -
No, 6.5 will not fix it, but 61_SP2 with a patch will.. again, contact
support if you want to receive it when the patch comes out. I believe
the patches are roll-ups these days and include several fixes
released together as one unit.
Hope that helps.
Jason Heirtzler
Interwoven Engineering
NathansDIS
We are seeing 'view source' fail even if the file isn't locked. We are on Windows 2000, TeamSite 6.1 SP1. Is this part of the known bug or is this simply a misconfiguration on our part? What are the configurations involved in specifying what editor to launch when you select 'view source' in Content Center Professional? Thanks,
-Nathan
WA DIS
NathansDIS
Does Sunil or anyone from Interwoven care to address these questions? Is this something that I should take up with support or can you definitively answer when the bug will be addressed? Thanks,
-Nathan
scripttest.rptdesign
smenon
Nathan..
Is your bug different from the one that Mika and Taiyo reported.. You state that view source is not working even when the files are not locked. Has this been logged as a bug and is there is support case for this - different from Mika's bug. As Jason pointed out, the bug reported by Mika has been fixed in 6.5 LSP1 and as a patch on 6.1 SP2. If you have a different bug logged, I will need to check on the status of that..
thanks
--Sunil Menon
Product Manager
Interwoven, Inc.
NathansDIS
I was asking you if our bug was different from the one mentioned in this case. The symptoms are certainly the same. Do I need to open this as a case with support or ?
Thx,
-Nathan