Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
TeamSite6.1 Can't save files
SilverFern
Hi,
we've got TeamSite6.1 running on Solaris 9, with ldap. However we are getting constant complaints about not being able to save files (usually DCRs as most of our stuff is templated) after having opened them! The usual error is "Save was unsuccessful. You do not have write permission needed to create or overwrite the file."....yet the user was able to open the DCR for editing in the first place. I've demonstrated that we will get the same error just on a flat "notepad" file going via Luanchpad, but if I "vi" files directly on the TS server I get no perm probs. We control access by group, so the group/permissions must have been sufficient to allow the user to open the file, but seemingly not sufficient to allow the user to save the file. But if I freeze the file with the error message and interrogate the group/permissions (using GUI properties OR iwattrib CLT OR ls -l's on /.iwmnt uncached path) they look fine.
We have seen other error messages when trying to open a file (which appears to have correct perms) such as "Unable to edit this file. Could this file (or the form entry the file was generated from) be locked by someone else or in another workarea?"...( to which the answer is no.) and "The file is not writable [filename]" and another one about the file/DCR being locked (when I'm the one that has locked it!).
THese errors happen very,very frequently in a number of branches for a number of users, but the biggest problem I have is that they don't happen ALL the time and I am unable to make it go wrong to order - as stated it happens very, very frequently but not all the time which means it is hard to analyse and thus solve. Bottom-line is we don't have a system as it stands.
Anyone seen anything like this in their travels?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
awgolk
We had the same problem. The issue for us was that our login was case sensitive. Once they logged in using the right case then they were able to update the files.
ret
We are also experiencing this issue:
TS 6.1 SP2
Solaris
using LDAP
Tech support is currently looking at it. Did you find a solution?
SilverFern
Hi Ret,
no, IW are still looking into it. They were trying to set up a similar system to us (Sol 9, LDAP, TS6.1 - we haven't installed SPs), but have not been able to replicate the problem on it. After all this time, I am still being asked for various diagnostics, so don't feel that any progress is being made.