Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
max number of replicant instances allowed
Hans
Does anyone know what is the maximum number of replicant instances allowed?
I know it's gotta be in the documentation somewhere, I can't find it...
thanks very much.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Bhargav Coca
hey , i remember it is somewhere around 25, I may be wrong though
Migrateduser
What teamsite version?
lissa
Hans
TS 6.1 SP1 on Solaris 8.
JonathonG
I don't know what the "official" limit is or even if one exists. But I have created a replicant with a max of 100 and tested. It worked, but slowly. So, there is probably a practical limit much lower than the actual limit. As your number of instances increases, the amount of data sent between client and server increases, and the amount of data the browser has to display increases. I found that with a simple replicant (1 text field), adding the 100th instance caused about a 5 second delay while the screen refreshed (your numbers may vary drastically depending on connectivity, client machine speed, etc.)
Jonathon
Interwoven Developer
Allstate, Inc.
nipper
Yes, as Jonathon said there is no set limit. 100 normal text fields is reasonable (though slow) however if you
make them replicant with the external editor (eWebEditPro) then the number is significantly lower.
Andy
DocumentResponses.rptdesign
Hans
Thanks very much everyone for your help!
Hans
Migrateduser
The reason I asked about version info is that I think we've improved performance on later versions for replicants, particularly where VisualFormat is concened. Early releases, like 5.0 did not always perform with large numbers of replicants.
lissa
Migrateduser
I've had up to 500 instances in a single template before. It took 20 minutes for it to render, though (with 5.5.2). Might be fun to see if I have a copy of that code around and try it under 6.0.1.
Migrateduser
I'd be interested to know what you find...
My guess is that, assuming you DO NOT have a VFE in this replicant, it'll be the same under 6.0.1, but performance would be slightly improved under 6.1.
Dave
Current Environment(s):
(1) TS 6.1 SP1 on W2K3
(2) TS 6.1 SP1 on W2K
(3) TS 5.5.2 SP2 on Win2K
Migrateduser
Oops - 6.1 is what I meant, sorry. I might have a chance to do that this week.