Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
doDeletes
artor
Hi All,
I am deploying some contents through workflow after submitting the contents into the staging area same as the given example in interwoven.
I am using the tag
<transferRule doDeletes="yes">
in sourceFileSystem tag.
If I deploy contents from the source to taget server and then i delete some contents from the source and deploy it again to target then the remaining contents from source should overwrite to target and new contents are copied but those I deleted from source after the first deployment would be exist on the target server which I want to delete when the second deployment will go.
That's why I am using the above tag but Its no working appropriately.
If you guys have any idea please let me know
Regards,
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
lhdavis
I believe <transferRules> should be in the <target> tag, not the <sourceFileSystem> tag. Also, are you doing an area comparison or filelist deployment?
Could you post your configuration file?
Luke Davis
Open Technology Group, Inc.
luke.davis@med.va.gov
artor
Thanks to reply, I am doing a filelist deployment and here is my configuration file but still not working I put the dummy file into the target location which does
not exist on the source side and start the deployment but nothing happened.
<definition name="MYDEFINITIONNAME">
<source>
<sourceFilesystem
area="$area^"
filelist="$filelist^"
>
<pathSpecification>
<path name = "." />
</pathSpecification>
</sourceFilesystem>
</source>
<target useReplicationFarm="MYFARMNAME" >
<transferRules doDeletes="yes" />
<targetFilesystem area="$targetArea^" />
<comparisonRules dateDifferent="yes" />
<permissionRules file="0644"
directory="0755" >
</permissionRules>
</target>
</definition>
lhdavis
When you use doDeletes with a filelist deployment, the files you want deleted must be specified in the filelist. Is this the case? Have you deleted the file from your source?
Check out the sections entitled "Using doDeletes with File List Deployments" and "Target Host File Deletions Using Filtered Deployments" in the OD Admin manual.
Or, as so many like to refer to it, RTFM. Good luck!
Luke Davis
Open Technology Group, Inc.
luke.davis@med.va.gov
Adam Stoller
Your deployment configuration file shows that you are using variables - without seeing how you are trying to run the deployment script it's difficult to debug any further.
Have you looked through *all* the deployment-related log files to see if it indicates what it did / didn't do?
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
artor
Hi,
Is there any other way i can use doDeletes option.
Regards,
snapshot1.jpg
Adam Stoller
If you're doing a filelist deployment, the filelist must contain the path/file that does not exist on the source side in order to have the deletion take place.
If you're doing a non-filelist sourceFilesystem deployment - then a comparison will be performed between the source and target areas and any files that don't exist on the source side (and which are not otherwise filtered out) will be deleted on the target side.
If you are doing a sourceTeamsite deployment - the comparison takes place between the area and previousArea on the source side, and any files found to no longer exist in the area (as opposed to the previousArea - except if otherwise filtered out) will become deletions on the target side.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
artor
Thanks ghoti for your reply and good description but as for my deployment which is running when user submit the contents to the staging area and in terms of that user selects the files and that's why filelist is being used but if I delete the file from the source location in teamsite and then that file becimes disabled and I check that file then deploy again to the target location then the deleted file disappear from the target side i mean the same filelist option.
Regards,
Adam Stoller
I'm not sure I understand what you're saying. What do you mean by "the file becomes disabled".
What's your workflow process - are you deploying before or after the submission? What are you using as the source area for the deployment? A workarea?, staging? is this Windows or Unix? what version of OD?
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
artor
when I delete the file from any workarea, it doesn't disappear but it becomes disabled but it can be checked by checkbox.
I am selecting the files from workarea then click on the submit which submit the files in staging area and then deploy the files at
target location.Windows environment being used as OS and source location is Teamsite workarea.
In this case user must have to select the file as filesystem requirement and submit into staging area. I am using the same example
iw_opendeploy.xml with configurable_defaultsubmit.wft workflow.
Adam Stoller
You should do the deployment after the submittask - and you should use the staging area rather than the workarea for the source area. See if that helps.
(if it were unix, I'd suggest using the non-caching mount point as well - but there is no such thing on Windows)
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Migrateduser
Not sure if it would help here, but in OD 6.0 there's a new "payload-based" deployment approach whereby you can expressly state whether to deploy or delete files. A payload adapter for performing a filelist-compare deployment is also provided. It essentially reads a filelist and passes it into OD. Depending on whether you instruct OD via the deployment config to deploy or delete, OD will either:
+ compare the list of files with the target and deploy the difference
or
+ delete the files from the target (files on the source are unchanged.)
If you would like to use this feature, please be sure to download the latest OD 6.0 patch, which came out yesterday.
Cheers,
Todd Scallan
Director of Product Management
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com
artor
Thanks Todd for your good description but unfortunately I am using Open Deploy 5.6, So I need to update my software in order to take benefit from this
new feature.