Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Performance Testing of Worksite
abooth
Has anyone had any success performance testing Worksite? If so, could you provide information as to what tools or methods that you employed to test the application.
We are currently working with two systems that utilize iMange Worksite. These systems are to be deployed into production and they both have performance related problems that were found during the pilot phase. We use Mercury tools to test and have been unable to script Worksite with any of their protocols. I understand that there may be a way to create asp pages to perform the major functions of Worksite. Does anyone have any experience testing this way? If so, could you point me to any documentation that details this functionality.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Alan
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Which version of Worksite are you using? and What ares of worksite you think had this performance issues? If you could give me more detail about your environment(hardware/network) and functional areas of worksite which you think had performance problem I can try and help.
abooth
There are two systems that we are tasked to run performance tests. One does not have any known problems but has not run against many users. The other has a known problem, the server has to be rebooted every couple of days due to a runaway DLLHOST.exe process. For that one we need to be able to put the system under load and use one of our tools, Identify AppSight, to monitor the DLLHOST process(es) to determine which dll is the cause.
The documentation states WorkSite Web 7.5 and that is all that I know. We do not have the application set up in our test environment, so I do not have access to find out anything else. I will follow up with the contractor developing the app to get more specific information.
What I am trying to find out is either a way to use Mercury LoadRunner to script against WorkSite or some other way to load up the application in a real world way. If you have any insight that you can offer please let me know. Thanks for the offer of help
Alan
Migrateduser
Alan
You could find the worksite web server version by logging in to worksite application then click on "About" box in the top right corner and it should open up new "About" window where you can see the version number..
The DLLHost hosing problem could be due to multiple factors
1)Do you see anything unusual in event viewer ?
2) What version of MSXML do you have ? You should have MSXML version 3 sp1 or above
3) What version of IIS are you running? Does worksite run in isolation mode?
4) Do you have any type of connectors on WorkSite?
5) How many users usually connect to this server?
Answer these questions and I will try to help you out
Thanks
Sheetal
abooth
Hi Sheetal,
I do not currently have access to the application so I only know what I already stated from the documentation. The system is in a production/pilot phase and is being used by around 200 users. They currently have to re-boot the server every couple of days. Problems like this are difficult to reproduce unless you can load them up in a controlled environment. We have the tools to trouble shoot this problem and determine exactly what is causing the DLLHOST.exe to lock up the server. We just need a way to load up the application in the lab. I have been tasked to determine if we can performance test the application. We have been unsuccessful in our attempts to script with Mercury LoadRunner and I am looking for alternative. In our discussions with the application development team I was told that there is a way to write "asp" pages against the application to replace the GUI. I am trying to find any documentation that describes this ability.
Thanks for the help. Sorry I cannot provide more in-depth information.
Alan