Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Visual Annotate workflow
fjvelasco
Hi
I'm using TeamSite 6.1 on Windows 2000 platform. I'm working on a WF that use VisualAnnotate. My WF works fine with the next tasks:
1. (start) Increment review cycle (go to 2)
2. Mail to Review (go to 3)
3. Review. Accept (go to 6) Reject (go to 4)
4. Mail to Author (go to 5)
5. Author work (go to 1)
6. Submit. (go to 7)
7. End.
It works fine. But I need to add some treatment with an external task prior to SubmitTask (regenerate some files and them to the submit) and next submit I need to add an external task to call OpenDeploy.
I write a Perl script to call it from the external task and put it between tasks 3 and 6 (Review and Submit). When I obtain the list of files I obtain an empty list ($task->GetFiles ()) but the Submit task submits the files! where are the files?
The external task obtains the full list in another place in the workflow.
Someone can help me?
Thanks in advance.
FJ
NOTE: Workflow Builder helps me to construct the workflow but I need to edit the WFT because the <variables> are placed in wrong order and other things are incorrect.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
If $task->GetFiles() is empty - it's probably (not definitely, but probably) a problem with the code in your externaltask script. If you post the script, we can take a look for anything "obvious" (also, please show us exactly how it's referenced within the wft - e.g. the <command v="..."/> line)
With respect to WFB - there are a number of problems with it - but the one you mentioned (variables in the wrong place) sounds like an old one that I thought was fixed. Are you sure you have the most recent version with patches and service packs applied?
(Personally, I don't use WFB - but if you're going to try to use it - make sure you keep it current)
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
fjvelasco
Hi
I will try to put my script in other places in the workflow proccess and to simplify the code to make it more readable to you.
WFB has a lot of bugs that can destroy your WFT file. I use it carefully to make the basic structure and my text editor to modify the proccess.
Thanks for your help. To be continued ;-)
FJ
fjvelasco
Hi
I have found the error: It's my fault.
I put the
$task->callback (0, 'Externaltask done');
before my file proccess. This call makes workflow thread go to the next task "submit" and go to "end" more quckly than my program obtains the list of files.
I don't know why I put the "callback" before my proccess, because I put it ever at the end... ?????
I have found the error calling to "iwgetwfobj $taskid" to obtain the XML information of the task. The CLT responses "Workflow object xxxxx does not exist.".
I'm sorry and thanks very much for your help.
Regards.
FJ