Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
What the heck am I doing wrong - Portal page
wmh
I am trying simple GUI customization, but nothing I seem to do is reflected in the CC-STD.
Here's the code in the portal_custom.XML
<iwov-portal>
<portal-page id="iw.ccstd.home.portal-page">
<!--
First column; width is 30%
-->
<portlet-group id="iw.ccstd.home.column1.portal-group" width="30%">
<!--
Favorites portlet with standard titlebar
-->
<!--
"How Do I?" portlet with standard titlebar
<portlet id="iw.ccstd.home.how_do_i.portlet">
<title-bar id="titlebar"/>
</portlet>
-->
<portlet id="iw.ccstd.home.my_favorites.portlet">
<title-bar id="titlebar"/>
</portlet>
<portlet id="iw.ccstd.home.content.portlet">
<title-bar id="titlebar"/>
</portlet>
</portlet-group>
<!--
Second column; width is 70%
-->
<portlet-group id="iw.ccstd.home.column2.portal-group" width="70%">
<!--
Tasks portlet with standard titlebar
-->
<portlet id="iw.ccstd.home.tasks.portlet">
<title-bar id="titlebar"/>
</portlet>
<!--
Work-In-Progress portlet with standard title bar
-->
<portlet id="iw.ccstd.home.work_in_progress.portlet">
<title-bar id="titlebar"/>
</portlet>
<!--
Forms portlet with standard titlebar
-->
<portlet id="iw.ccstd.home.my_forms.portlet">
<title-bar id="titlebar"/>
</portlet>
</portlet-group>
</portal-page>
</iwov-portal>
then I run Make, then /iw-home/iw-perl/bin/iwperl /iw-home/install/install_webapps.ipl -i -f content_center
I am probably missing a step, but I can not figure out what it is...
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
lhdavis
What version of TS, 6.0 or 6.1?
Luke Davis
Open Technology Group, Inc.
luke.davis@med.va.gov
wmh
Sorry, I missed that part of the post.
TS 6.0 SP 1
lhdavis
OK, do you mean TS 6.1 SP1? (no SP1 on TS 6.0)
If so, then you should be making all of your changes in the customer_src directory as the customer directory is no longer used in to update CCS or CCP in 6.1.
Also, instead or running Make and install_webapps.ipl, you need to to execute the "<iw-home>\iw-perl\bin\iwperl <iw-home>\bin\make_toolkit.ipl" command from within the <iw-home>\local\config\lib\content_center\customer_src directory.
Again, this is all based on you using TS 6.1. Check out Appendix B in the 6.1 UI Customization Guide (I think).
Luke Davis
Open Technology Group, Inc.
luke.davis@med.va.gov
wmh
Not SP1... Patches applied but not a service pack. It's been a long day.
6.0.0 Build 25262
on solaris
lhdavis
OK that clarifies things. After looking at the portal_custom.xml file, is your goal to remove the How Do I portlet? If so, shouldn't you use an <iwov-delete> element operation?
I haven't done a huge amount of UI customizations but I think you have to explicitly tell the UI if you want to remove an element that is there by default.
Luke Davis
Open Technology Group, Inc.
luke.davis@med.va.gov
wmh
ahhh....
OK, I'll give that a shot.
Thanks for all the help so far.
-Marty