Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Pre-Populating a DCR
Leo
Hi,
I have a a DCT with tags for various fields - text field, text area, browser tag etc., When I open a new DCR, is it possible to pre-populate all the fields of the DCR with the initial contents? If possible, where do I ned to specify the initilal contents, in the DCT? (obviously!)
I tried populating a textarea with some initial contents, but the DCR still shows only a empty textarea.
Is there a way to achieve this?
TIA
- Leo
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
How did you try to prepopulate the textarea?
I believe the way you would do this would be something like:
<textarea ...
attributes
...>
<default>
This is some default text to prepopulate this textarea with and
can be replaced by whomever is editing this DCR
</default>
</textarea>
The other way would be to use FormAPI and on initialization of the DCT form, check to see if there is a value, and if not, set a default value at that point in time.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Leo
Hi fish,
Thanks a lot. I'm using the defalult tag and it works fine.
- Leo
Leo
Hi fish,
The <default> tag does not accept the <br>, or any special characters like the copyright symbol, © either. I am now specifying the whole text in a single line.
Is ther a way I can achieve this?
Also, please givem me some more details using the FormAPI - checking the fields on the initialization of the DCT and setting the values.
Thanks in Advance.
- Leo
gzevin
Don't forget that you are inside an XML document You should use appropriate entities for <, > and all other special characters. Alternatively, try CDATA
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
Leo
Thanks Zevin!
The CDATA works fine.
- Leo
gzevin
are you also an Indian? only they call me by surname..
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU