I am using an external task in a workflow to run a deployment. I am passing the source area/path, target, etc. as parameters. This all works well using something similar to OOTB wft_opendeploy.ipl shipped with solutions workflows. However I have a requirement of having more than one target nodes in certain cases.
e.g.:
br1 - deploy to node A
br2 - deploy to node B
br3 - deploy to node A, C
br4 - deploy to node B, C
I am trying to have a single deployment config file (mostly for ease of maintenance) that will allow me to deploy to either one or more node using parameter substitution or something similar. What I need is equivalent of the following (which does not work)
<replicationFarmSet>
<replicationFarm name="MYFARMNAME">
"$nodes^"
</replicationFarm>
</replicationFarmSet>
where $nodes^ would be
<nodeRef useNode="nodeA"/>
or
<nodeRef useNode="nodeA"/>
<nodeRef useNode="nodeB"/>
One option I have considered (not tried yet) is to have multiple definitions - each for a specific number of target nodes, and invoking a deployment definition depending on the number of target nodes. I am thinking there should be a better way.
Any ideas ?