Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Unable to Save DCR
System
I am having this strange problem. One of the "Master" user is not able to save any of the DCR. When he tries to do it he gets the following error.
The DCR "path" has failed to save. Could the file be locked by someone else in the same workarea?
The file is not locked by anyone. Even tried unlocking and then saving the DCR. This is particulary happening only for one user. None of the permissions have changed.
Any ideas?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
iwovGraduate
What version of TeamSite ? Patch/SP level ?
OS ? SP level ?
Is the user able to create and/or edit any files in the workarea ?
The file is not locked by anyone.
I assume you checked the DCR itself as well as the generated file ?
Migrateduser
I am using
Teamsite 5.5.2, SP 6
OS: Windows 2000
The user is able to create DCRs in the work area but not able to save it (even the one he created just now). When hitting edit he can open the DCR in edit mode. But when hitting save gets the error message.
My understanding is that for some reason he is not able to explicitly get the lock for any of the files.
Migrateduser
What is the output of
iwlockinfo
? Also, can you claim the lock from the command line? If not, what is the error message there? Command line errors are SOMETIMES more descriptive than GUI errors.
Dave
Current Environment(s):
(1) TS 6.1 SP1 on W2K3
(2) TS 6.1 SP1 on W2K
(3) TS 5.5.2 SP2 on Win2K
Migrateduser
The iwlockinfo gives the following output:
Name: test_event_en
Area: Development
Assignor: Domain\userid
Assignee: Domian\userid
State: Locked
Time Stamp: [Wed Nov 03 10:47:26 2004
Comments: File locked by templating.
When I try to lock it through command line I get the following error:
ERROR:00017: file already locked or assigned
Adam Stoller
Does the user have read/execute access up-to and through IWHOME?
I seem to recall that TS fails in strange ways if users do not have access on the directories leading upto and including IWHOME (and perhaps some sub-directories within)
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
ela
Yeah, I've seen this a couple of times too. The user, even if he's a master, must be added to the group which has access to the workarea.
jwl
We had this problem too (TS552, Solaris). In this case the user had at one time logged in with a capital first letter (ie Tsadmin instead of tsadmin).
Subsequently logging in as Tsadmin "solved" the problem, but we don't know how to "fix" this problem so that he can use "tsadmin" again. Any ideas anyone?
Thanks,
John
Adam Stoller
I think you need to do an iwrmuser and iwadduser to fix something like that - but I'm not sure -- you might check with Support ...
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com