Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Workflow dummytask timeout problem - urgent
coschtl
Hi all,
I have a very strange problem with dummytasks (the real dummytasks from the dtd as well as external "dummy tasks" with timeout):
Every time a workflow reaches a dummytask, the whole workflow gets stalled, although the timeout for the task is set to some time in the past or to +000000. The job-list "View all jobs" looks like this:.
Operation____Task Name____(ID)____________Date____________Owner_________Status_________Description
__NA_________Delay____(38104)_____ 07/23/2004 13:16______<no user>______Unassigned_____delay deployment
The same workflow DID run normally some weeks ago, but I can't remember that I had changed something in the server config (except installing Datadeploy, but I think these two products should run independently).
The only way to get all stalled dummytasks processed is to do an "iwreset -a". But this can't be done each time a task with <timeout> is reached...
I am running TS5.5.2 on Windows 2000(SP4).
Did anyone have this problem too?
Any solutions?
Regards,
Stephan
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
I think you should be able to get the dummytask to continue by doing an
iwcallback
taskid
0
.
Can you double check the date & time on your server - perhaps the server's clock is out of whack - or maybe just the timezone is messed up (not knowing your timezone - you show a timeout date of 7/23/2004 13:16 - and where I'm sitting it's 7/23/2004 07:45 - so, from where I'm sitting, there's still plenty of time left before that transition should occur)
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
coschtl
Hi fish,
thanks for the answer.
iwcallback <taskid> 0 doesn't work too. Doing so I get the following error message: "Task 38104 cannot be called back. ERROR:00920: <german error message>; something like "Object being looked up can't be found"
The time on the server is set correctly, too. At the moment we (in Austria) have 23.7.2004 13:56:29.
So I tied to get the remaining time until the task exceeds using the perl API:
use TeamSite::WFtask;
my $task=TeamSite::WFtask->new(38104)
print ("remaining time:: ".($task->GetTimeout());
The result is "0". So in my opinion, the workflow should move to the next task.
Any ideas?
Adam Stoller
Was the timeout set with an explicit MMDDYYYYHHMM time or a relative +HHHHMM time ?
If iwcallback doesn't work, perhaps iwtaskselect might work (I'm assuming that you're running the CLT as a master user - and that you're providing the correct taskid [not jobid] for the dummytask).
I seem to recall some bugs with regard to retrieving timeout data from tasks where the timeout was set with an explicit date/time - but I could be wrong. Regardless though, you should probably open a case with Support.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
coschtl
I set the timeout with an explicit MMDDYYYYHHMM time as well as with a relative +HHHHMM time. --> The problem occured in both cases.
Nevertheless, the problem is solved now. Since today morning the timeout runs normally.
I didn't do anything during the weekend - strange system!
Thanks again for your fast answers!
Stephan