Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
CF to XML to CMS
System
Has anyone tried pushing content via ColdFusion entry form that gets converted into xml and then it gets picked up by Teamsite? The reason for needing this is to allow staff to complete an entry form in ColdFusion so they would not need a seat license. Then the information is passed on to the staff that have TeamSite access for further processing.
Has any one done or tried this? Any ideas or advice would be appreciated.
PS, I know we probably could do a similar process with datadeploy, but we dont have it set up at this time and I need to complete a project by the end of the yr.
Thanks in adv
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
I've not done that exact scenario, but it is doable. You could either use a custom DTD for your template, which I've never tried, or you could run a workflow on the files that are imported that would have an external task which would use TeamSite::XMLParser to munge the xml to conform to IWOV's DTD. Or, for that matter, you could do an xslt transform on it. Any of those should be easy to accomodate within your timeframe.
gzevin
well, it's not hard at all. Because since TS 6 dealing with custom DTD has become much easier than before. Of course, one could use custom modules to parse, but IWOV's presentation templates could read standard XML for a long time.
the only thing I could think of is the attachment of EAs to XML to make them DCRs. This could be done in either a custom workflow, custom menu item or triggered .
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU