Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
CGIs in workarea
herald10
Hi,
I would like to execute some CGI scripts from the workarea (custom menu items). Per KB article 1243, it is possible if we configure httpd.conf. But I am not sure how I can give that pathname in /etc/iw.cfg while configuring the custom menu item.
custom_menu_item_manifest1="View","Show MyEnv","/default/main/mybranch/.../show_env.cgi","m
aster","scrollbars=yes,resizable=yes,width=640,height=545"
It always seems to consider that all the paths are under iwhome/httpd/iw-bin.
Also do I need to restart the webserver daemon after changing httpd.conf
Can anyone help me out?
Thanks a lot
-H
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
herald10
Let me clarify what I am trying to achieve. I want to have all the CGIs to be placed in a directory under a workarea. And then configure a custom menu item using those CGIs.
Thanks
-H
mgal
I think the KB articles says about executing cgi scripts from a workarea. It is not related to custom menu items. For custom menu items you should place the files in the iw-bin location. Symlinks might work as explained in this KB
https://support.interwoven.com/kb/kb_show_article2.asp?ArticleID=46529
.
The KB talks about CGItask but it might be applicable to custom menu items also.
Thxs,
Mohammed Gazal.
herald10
Thanks Mohammed!
Exactly thats what I have done. I just wanted to make sure that its the only way to accomplish the task.