Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Oracle 9i
Ottawa_IWOV
Is the Perl:
BI driver that sips with TS 6.1 compatible with Oracle 9i. We get errors all over the place whenever we try DBI calls inside workflow scripts, inline commads etc.
Lucas Cochrane
lucas.cochrane@baucanada.com
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Ottawa_IWOV
Any updates on this thread?
Lucas Cochrane
lucas.cochrane@baucanada.com
brandon1
Maybe this is a dumb question, but did you install the appropriate DBD for Oracle 9i?
Current Project: TS 6.1
Environment: Solaris
Ottawa_IWOV
I was trying to confirm what IWOV supports out of the box, before I upgrade anything.
Lucas Cochrane
lucas.cochrane@baucanada.com
Adam Stoller
FWIW - what I'm seeing right now is that with TS5.5.2 (iwperl 5.005_03) one can use the Oracle 8i client software to communicate with *either* an 8i or 9i DB -- but trying to use the 9i client software results in a segmentation violation / core dump when trying to talk to either an 8i *or* 9i DB.
We're still investigating this - as we have a need to upgrade the oracle servers that will probably need to be done *before* we can get to upgrading our TS servers.
I'm hoping we'll get a development server set up for TS6.1 soon - and then we'll see what happens with iwperl 5.8.2 and Oracle 9i ...
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com