Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
6.1 Upgrade Failure
System
Hello Moderator.....
We have just spent another long weekend in attempt to upgrade our production environment. The errors were plentiful and documentation inadequate. I have been monitoring these forums for months now. Multiple posts in several forums have asked for a list of happily migrated customers. To date this is has not been provided unless I've missed it but chances are I would have seen it.
It seems the assumptions that can be made from the silence are:
1. There are so few it is embarrassing for your marketing department.
2. There is an unwillingness to publicly list these customers.
3. These requests do not merit the respect a response would provide.
I don't know. What I do know is...a highly skilled and experienced system administrator should be able to upgrade a product without hiring a consultant.
1. All procedures should be clearly documented.
2. A backout procedure should be included.
The following are my perceptions after reviewing multiple posts from experienced contributors of this forum.
What I have determined about the 6.1 version is:
1. New version is great... use the Professional over the Standard view.
2. New version is very difficult but not impossible to upgrade.
3. Documentation is well... typical Interwoven style... lacking and or inadequate.
4. Not a lot of happy migration posts are out there.
In Summary
This isn't a technical question, more of a rant. I really don't want to use this forum to put the company in a poor light however it seems that there is not many other places to communicate this type of issue. What I have observed is a significant amount documented frustration from many posts to warrant some type of corporate response and remedy.
For Example:
Serious flaws don't seem to have been acknowledged in other posts.
Multiple posts reference missing documentation.
The bottom line is we need to upgrade this system. Where can we find the proper documentation recourses to accomplish this? This area is becoming increasingly competitive. How can Interwoven expect to continue to be successful going forward when customers are responding in this way? If issues such as these persist or escalate, I would imagine software dollars will begin to be spent elsewhere.
thks.
Christine
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
nipper
from all of us at DevNet, may I say welcome to TeamSite.
Gregg Faus
In concur Nipper. Experience helps with this one.
Christine, my upgrade from 5.5 wasn't all too bad and everything went as expected. My planning had definately payed off. So you could put me down as a happy IWOV 6 upgrade customer.
Is there anything in particular with your upgrade that you can specify? I'm quite sure that it isn't impossible.
Migrateduser
Thanks for the note.
I am sorry that you are having difficulty with your upgrade. Interwoven
encourages you to contact Technical Support to assist you with any
issues you may be encountering. Interwoven has put a significant amount
of effort to ensure a smooth upgrade, and although we can't guarantee
a perfect upgrade experience for all customer environments, we have
been seeing success upgrades within our installed base. We'll track
down your specific issues and get them resolved to ensure we can get
you up and running.
With respect to our Upgrade Program, we have had over 400 people download
and install TS6 in the dev environment. Of those 400+ customers, over 150
are live or planning their go-live this quarter.
We also have seen good adoption of CC Standard within those customers that
are upgrading. This includes customers that are now deploying a larger number
of users given the new ease of use provided by CC Standard. Customers have
identified that the My Workareas module can be slow when a user has access
to a large number of workareas. We have taken that feedback and have incorporate
a new subscription service to workareas in TS 6.1 SP2 (October). This fix enables
end-users to select which workareas they want to see in their MyWorkareas module,
ensuring faster rendering time for CC Standard.
An Interwoven representative will contact you shortly to see how we can assist
with your upgrade.
Kevin Cochrane
Yes, we do not provide a list of names of each and every customer that has
upgraded. The reason for this is straightforward: the majority of our Fortune
1000 customer base has explicit rules regarding being made public references.