Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Is tpl being used by a wf?
ProfessorX
I attach a dcr to a WF...from that dcr I generate a file...in the tpl I want to find out what workflow I'm assigned to.
Trying to avoid passing the wf id around (as an attched ext attribute or the like).
I need the wf id so I can attach the generated output file to the wf.
NO not the actual generated file but the 2 files I created using iw_ostream.
see post
http://devnet.interwoven.com/forums/cgi-bin/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=PRODUCTS_TEAMSITE&Number=36546&Search=true&Forum=All_Forums&Words=iw_ostream%20attached&Match=And&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=36465
Thanks in advance!
WIN2K TS/TST 5.5.2 sp5; OD 5.6.0.1; DD 5.5.2
The Professor-
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
gzevin
I am not completely clear on your questions. Are you generating files via an external task? If yes, it is aware of the workflow .
in order to find out the files that are generated with iw_ostream, one should do the following - instead of generating the file with iwgen, use iwpt_compile instead with the manifest option turned on. Generated manifest file is an XML file that contains all generated files, including the ones you are after. If you parse this file, you'get your file names.
BTW, try to avoid inserting long URLs in your post. use [ url ] tags instead
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
ProfessorX
this is not done via external task but a user task. user is generating the file manually but in the tpl I have
iw_ostream --> buffer=layout
iw_ostream --> buffer=text
when i write the files they are not attched to the workflow
<iw_ostream buffer='layout' file='$layoutfile'/>
<iw_ostream buffer='txtfile' file='$textfile'/>
I want to do a call to a sub that will do this from within the tpl
suggestions
Thanks in advance!
WIN2K TS/TST 5.5.2 sp5; OD 5.6.0.1; DD 5.5.2
The Professor-
Adam Stoller
I think you'll find it much easier to do this with an externaltask or - if you need to prompt for the PT and output location - a cgitask script - which will have access to the workflow information and can perform the page generation for you.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
iwovGraduate
... Trying to avoid passing the wf id around (as an attched ext attribute or the like).
I don't think there is a way to attach a file to a workflow without knowing the taskid. Same as you cannot kill a process (using the kill command) without knowing the pid or pname.
Dwayne
The CLD
iwgetfilejobs
might help you. Given a VPATH, it wll print out on STDOUT all of the jobs (and associated tasks) that a given file is currently attached to. You could run that against your DCR, determine the task ID, and then attach the generated pages.
--
Current project: TS 5.5.2/6.1 W2K
gzevin
Actually I am wondering why IWOV did not make the workflow to pick up those generated files automatically. In 6.1 they already took a lliberty to attach DCRs that are being edited, to a workflow....This would be a really good feature.
but otherwise, I'd just stress once more that an external task will really help, especially provided that iwpt_compile could not be run from a form....
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU