Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
How do you get the path to iw-mount using CS SDK?
Bill Klish
TeamSite 6.1 SP1
Windows 2003
Solaris 2.8
In an attempt to work around an apparent problem with getInputStream, I am trying to dynamically build a path to the file that I want to parse. I need the full local path to the file:
something of the form:
iw-mount/default/main/....../file.xml
I can't seem to find any method or object within the CS SDK that returns the path to iw-mount, similar to the Perl function TeamSIte::Config::iwgetmount(). Does such a method exist within the CS SDK?
I don't want to hard code the mount path in since this code should work on both unix and windows platforms.
Is there a way to do this?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
brandon1
There is the CSRoot that can be gotten from the CSClient interface. If this does not fit the bill than you can place a line in your sample.properties that is the path, one for unix one for windows and comment/un comment appropriately.
Current Project: TS 6.1
Environment: Solaris
Migrateduser
The mount location is relevant only for the TeamSite server. CSSDK client is meant to be used on remote machines as well as the TS server. In the former case, a path that begins with "y:/default/main/..." or "/iwmnt/default/main/..." does not make sense. And moreover it is not of much use, since all the functionality is accessible through the use of normal VPaths. As there was no strong case to support such a function, it is currently absent in the API.
Best Regards,
Narendra
Bill Klish
I agree with you. I was trying to find a workaround for the bug I found (Bug #56976) with the CSSimpleFile getInputStream method. Dynamically generating the path to a file within the backing store was one of the ways around this limitation. There is a simple workaround for this bug that makes the getInputStream method work.