Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Group task owner.
Annad
Hi,
I am trying to get the owner of a group task from a script that is executed in the next task after the group task.
For example, I have a group task "Approver" which is shared by several users, however only one takes the ownership. I believe that once a user takes ownership of the task, he/she would be the owner of that group task.
I want to get a hold of this specific user from the next task (after group task) which would be an external task.
I know I could use the TeamSite::WFTask module to get the id of this external task, but how could I get the specified group task object ???. so that I can find out the owner of the group task.
Regard,
-Anna
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JonathonG
Use the GetTaskByName method of the WFworkflow object. You pass it the name of the grouptask, and it returns a new WFTask object representing that task. Snippet from the perldoc for WFworkflow:
($success, $task) = GetTaskByName($taskname)
Returns task in the workflow with name $taskname. $task is a
possibly invalid TeamSite::WFtask object. $success is 0 if
successful.
Jonathon
Independent Interwoven Contractor
Annad
Thanks Jonathon,
Is there a method that given a taskID and it would find the jobid for you.
Do you think the method GetNestedJobs() in WFtask module would work??
Thanks.
Anna
JonathonG
The following method from WFtask will get you the workflow id:
GetWorkflowId()
Returns the id of the WFworkflow object that owns this task.
However, the job id is one of the parameters passed to your external task, so you shouldn't need this method.
I don't really know anything about GetNestedJobs() but it sounds like it would be related to nested workflows, and that isn't the kind of thing you're dealing with.
Jonathon
Independent Interwoven Contractor