Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
cgi callout 5.x vs 6.x
System
Hello,
I am trying to run a datacapture.cfg made under Teamsite 5.5.2 under Teamsite 6.1.
Everything seems to be working fine apart from the perl script called from a cgi callout :
in teamsite 5.5.2,
area_path
variable was filled in with /default/.... while in 6.1 it's filled in with
//server/
default/...
Anyone knows about this?
How can I get back the "old vpath" in Teamsite 6.1
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
There have been a couple of posts on this: Your choices are either to use the wdpro_menu.ipl wrapper for your CGI (e.g. url="../iw-bin/wdpro_menu.ipl/your-cgi-script-name-here") - or to re-write your code to correctly process the format of the data returned in the form variables as of 6.1 and strip off the server-prefix to the vpath: $arevpath =~ s|^//[^/]+||;
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Migrateduser
Thanks for the help.
I did try the 1st solution before posting (wdpro_menu.ipl) but for some reason when I tried it the CGI varaibles return empty, so I couldn't get the value of it (wdpro_menu.ipl is working fine from the menus though).
gzevin
as I said a couple of time before, it's not only vpath that gets different. if you encode your CGI query using URI::Escape, there could be some issues with it. worth checking
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU