Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
sumbitting deleted directory in TeamSite 6.1
gzevin
Ok.
one deletes a directory where a file is still locked. The directory will have a deleted icon. And yet there will be a conflict resolution task during the workflow, when an approver is unable to resolve the conflict. The conflict could only be resolved when the locked file is unlocked in another workarea. if no other workareas contain this directory anymore, I came up with a workaround - by creating a temp workarea, getting latest and unlocking the file in there.
the question is - should one be able to proceed with this sort of action, or we should ask IWOV to prohibit deletion if there are locked files in a directory?
For our users this is an issue, as not that many people could grasp this workaround and always remember to unlock files in a directory.
also - in 6.1 a locked file now appears locked even in STAGING. in pre 6 versions this is not the case.
I would like somebody from IWOV to reply to this.
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
Well, I'm not [any longer] from IWOV - but I'd say this sounds like a usability bug which should be filed with Interwoven.
Either
Personally, I like the second idea better - but frankly I'd be willing to have an iw.cfg option to control the behavior...
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Migrateduser
This is a known issue,
I think there is already a KB Published on this one,
Ref: KB 53059
gzevin
thanks, you are right.
I would amend that article, because the way to resolve this issue might differ slightly from the suggested method.
If one does not want to Get Latest in the current workarea, a temp. workarea will need to be created.
Lissa, if you are reading this, please arrange for a change.
I will check with IWOV if a bug had been filed
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU
Migrateduser
thanks, i passed this on to the folks who do KBs.
Regards,
lissa
Migrateduser
Ok, the KB folks in support told me this change has been made.
hth
lissa
NathansDIS
I'd like to request this feature as well as it requires additional time to diagnose and correct each time it happens.
-Nathan
Washington State DIS
gzevin
it's possible to diagnose it.. but you don't want to do that ....too tedious...and manual
Greg Zevin, Ph.D. Comp. Sc.
Independent Interwoven Consultant/Architect
Sydney, AU