Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Custom End Job Menu Item
dennispluken
I am running TS6.1 on Solaris 2.8
I have workflows set up that interact with a database to maintain data integrity through out the workflow. If a user uses the existing End Job item in the Action menu for a specific job, I end up with quite a few loose ends dangling in the database.
I want to be able to have the "End Job" menu item call a perl script that will use the job id to go through the database and do the required housekeeping, tie up any loose ends and then use iwrmjob clt to delete the job.
I have done a pretty exhaustive review of all of the documentation I can find, so it is either not out there or I am just missing it.
Can anyone help me here?
Thanks in advance!!!
dennis
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
If it don't work good, make it better.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
nipper
We did it a little differently here. We have a parallel step, cancelandunlockfiles that the user can use to
end the job. This task stays in the users task list until the job completes. If they want to remove the
job they click on that task & it cleans up after itself.
Do not think there is a way to pre-empt the remove job item, that is why we do not let people
use it. (jobs are not owned the the initiatior)
HTH
Andy
Adam Stoller
In addition to Nipper's solution - another way might be to use an *iwat* trigger on "WorkflowInactivate" events - from this I believe you'll be able to get the job-id (hex-encoded) and that might be sufficient for you to tie-up those loose ends.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
JonathonG
You may want to look at adding an iwat trigger on the event that is triggered when a job leaves the system (something like WorkflowInactivate, but you'll want to double check that by checking the iwevents.log). When that happens, you can clean up your db. As nipper stated, there is no way to override the functionality of that menu choice.
Jonathon
Independent Interwoven Contractor