Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Missing iwvalidate_dbschema.log
jajtiii
Howdy,
I am currently attempting to setup a user-defined schema with DD 5.5.1.
After apparently successfully creating the dbschema file, I ran iwsyncdb with the -validate parameter. Per the manual, the results of this scan should be in the iwvalidate_dbschema.log, which does not appear to exist.
Is their a flag somewhere that I need to turn on for this log to actually be created?
thanks,
jones
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
I think the log should get generated automatically if there are validation errors.
By the way, DD 5.5.1 is an old "controlled availability" release. DD 5.5.2 was the GA release that came out afterwards (followed by 5.6 and more recently 6.0 and 6.0.1.)
Todd Scallan
Director of Product Management
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com
jajtiii
Hmmm...something is definitely amiss.
To begin with, I apologize for my error above. We are on DD 5.6 sp1 (OD is 5.5.1). We are currently in the midst of an upgrade plan to 6.0 for TS and OD.
With regard to my problem, DD does not appear to log at all when I am calling it from the command line. I have successfully created a variety of tables in my initial testing (base, delta, full). All are in the Oracle db and correspond exactly to my dbschema files in each datatemplate area.
But, I cannot get it to log (i have even specifically set logging to ON ('3'), even though it should be there by default.)
Nothing shows up in iwddd.log (except when our current implementation of DAS runs, when it generally adds on a gig of log data=). And, as stated above, the file for iwsyncdb is not showing up either.
Any suggestions?
jajtiii
Ok, as I surmised, DD only logs to iwddd.log with DAS. If using CLT, you have to set that parameter (logfile=<path/to/logfile>)
The issue with the validation log remains an issue.