Hi,
We are upgrading TS5.5 to TS6.1. As part of the upgrade process we needed to install the JDK1.4 patch cluster. So we downloaded the file "J2SE_Solaris_8_Recommended.zip" from sunsolve.som website.
When i try to install the patches by running "install_cluster", i was getting failure messages for all the patches. I opened the log file, it read
------------------------
/usr/sbin/patchadd[4723]: parse_args: line 250: pkgdb: is read only
/usr/sbin/patchadd: line 4723: pkgdb: is read only
Installing 108921-21...
/usr/sbin/patchadd[4723]: parse_args: line 250: pkgdb: is read only
/usr/sbin/patchadd: line 4723: pkgdb: is read only
Installing 108940-63...
/usr/sbin/patchadd[4723]: parse_args: line 250: pkgdb: is read only
/usr/sbin/patchadd: line 4723: pkgdb: is read only
Installing 112003-03...
/usr/sbin/patchadd[4723]: parse_args: line 250: pkgdb: is read only
/usr/sbin/patchadd: line 4723: pkgdb: is read only
Installing 108773-18...
/usr/sbin/patchadd[4723]: parse_args: line 250: pkgdb: is read only
/usr/sbin/patchadd: line 4723: pkgdb: is read only
Installing 111310-01...
...........
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Have anyone faced this before?
I know that this may not be the 100% correct place to post this question. I searched in google, sun - could not get any idea about why this is happening.
Any idea why this is happening?
thanks
KingFisher
Asscociate Consultant,
Polaris Software Lab, Chennai.
http://www.polaris.co.in/