Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Item name "Keywords", validation-regex - URGENT
System
Need to Validate "Keywords" field in metadatacapture form.
FormAPI is not working in metadatacapture form.
Only the option is validation-regex.
Validation-Regex works for all items in metadata capture form but not for "Keywords" item.
<item name="Keywords">
<label>Keywords</label>
<database data-type="VARCHAR(255)" />
<textarea rows="5" cols="50" wrap="virtual" validation-regex="^.(.|\n){0,499}$"/>
</item>
Using MetaTagger 3.6.0.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
iwovGraduate
Validation-Regex works for all items in metadata capture form but not for "Keywords" item.
What happens in the Keywords field ? What error do you get or expect but don't get ?
Migrateduser
Same Validation-Regex works as expected for other textarea's.
Only "Keywords" textarea not working as expected and no errors also.
LineChartTouchYAxis.JPG
mgal
is this keyword a MT enabled field meaning are you getting the value for keyword from Metatagger? and is there any difference with this field from other fields? Can you post your full datacapture.cfg and metatagger.cfg file?
Thxs,
Mohammed Gazal.
1.jpg
Migrateduser
Yes..It's MetaTagger controlled.Gettiing the keyword values.Hers is the Category from metatagger.cfg
<category>
<categoryType>TABLE_ENTRY</categoryType>
<title>Keys</title>
<tag>Keywords</tag>
<implicitAdd>false</implicitAdd>
<SRscript>tokenize -punctuation +=!#$^\38*()-|\\"'?/.\37\60\62,]{}[~`:\221\222\223\224\231 -stopwords english_stopwords.txt -ignorenumbers; splitter; tagger; extract -config summ_phrase.cfg; summarize -keywords 6 -keyphrases 6</SRscript>
<lexicon>summidx</lexicon>
<pass>1</pass>
</category>
Thanks,
Kadiyala.
Adam Stoller
I think that's the point - I don't believe the validation-regex can be used on a MetaTagger controlled textarea.
I don't think it actually makes sense to do so either - the validity of the values that can be placed within the field should already be "controlled" so there should be no need to further validate them with a regex (you might want a callout to somehow verify that certain combinations of terms don't appear, but that's different than a regex).
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Migrateduser
Using DataDeploy to deploy the content to DB.
There is no limit on the Native Metadata right?. It depends on document.
There is a column limit in DB side.Thatswhy we want to restrict the number of characters.
Adam Stoller
I haven't looked at MetaTagger for a while - but can't you configure how much content it returns.
Alternatively, I think you can apply some filter or some such in DD to restrict the length of the data for a column to the desired length.
I can see why you'd like to be able to catch this at the data-entry point - but unless you configure it through MetaTagger somehow (?) I don't think this will work - and about the only thing I could suggest is opening up a feature request with Interwoven.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com