Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Mail item object from Senditem.nrs scripts
David_ISA
Hi,
This is my first post here so i hope i'm not asking too much at once or being too vague.
I've been looking at the senditem.nrs script and the iManEMSClient.dll source code and want to know if its possible to get the IimSafeMail mail object of the email after its been sent.
If I modify the source code for the iManEMSClient.dll to save the email eg.
moSafeMailItem.SaveAs "E:\test1.msg"
It saves the email but the state of the email is unsent. I want to be able to save the email in its state after its been sent.
I'm not really using the iManEMSClient.dll for its intended purpose but want to simply save a copy of every email sent to the local drive, which i then want to save back ito Worksite.
Is there any way to save the email as a msg file to the local drive in its sent state?
If there is no way of doing it with the safemail.dll provided, i've noticed in the code that it uses the redemption.dll to get around the Outlook security warnings. The safemail.dll seems to be a wrapper around the redemption.dll as some of the functionality seems to be missing, eg. the 'item' attribute isn't available in the safemail.dll but is available in the redemption.dll.
Does anyone know if there is any way I can directly access the functionality in the redemption.dll used by the iManEMSClient.dll?
Many Thanks.
David Tai.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
jny
This is currently unsupported by the SDK because Outlook does not raise an event after an e-mail is sent so the FileSite source code cannot in turn fire an event for third party developer to catch.
The redemption.dll is a third party dll that WorkSite licensed to use internally. It might not be legal for you to access it from WorkSite product for personal consumption. Certainly WorkSite cannot support third party development on this DLL since its source code is not developed by WorkSite.
I suggest submitting a product feature request. This link takes you to filling out a request form:
http://worksitesupport.interwoven.com/
, and click on New Feature Request link.