Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
SSI Includes in 6.1
Jeremy
6.1 Win2K
Hi,
I am trying to get our test 6.1 installation up and running. Right now preview does not work.
The first errors I got were saying that the included file could not be found (they are located in the same workarea that the preview is taking place in).
I then checked the Admin Guide and saw a section on SSI's so I followed the "Installing the Redirector Module for IIS" on page 47 of the Admin Guide for 6.1.
Now the error I get is a plain 500 error with no other reasons for it failing.
Any idea's where I am going wrong? Any points to RTFM?
Thanks,
Jeremy
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
brandon1
Can not think off it of the top of my head but isn't there a IIS setting to enable SSI?
Current Project: TS 6.1
Environment: Solaris
brandon1
I was wrong enabled by default, but if the iislockdown tool is run it is disabled as well as it could be unmapped.
See this link.
http://www.webmasterworld.com/forum47/1560.htm
Current Project: TS 6.1
Environment: Solaris
Jeremy
Yes. I found this tech article
http://devnet.interwoven.com/site.fcgi/techlib/001615
I followed this to add a mapping for html and for inc (which is what our includes are labled). I don't really understand this stuff so much so really just swinging in the dark there.
Still not working though.
Thanks.
brandon1
If you look into the W3C logs do you see any lines that say blocked by URLScan? If so this would indicate that iislockdown tool has been run on that machine.
Current Project: TS 6.1
Environment: Solaris
brandon1
Also did you do an iisreset or stop/start the server after you made the mapping addition?
Current Project: TS 6.1
Environment: Solaris
Jeremy
Yes. Stopped and started IIS.
Where can I find those W3C logs? Not familiar with that.
Thanks.
Nevermind. Found them! Got an error in there saying "The HTTP Filter DLL C:\iw-home\lib\iwproxy_nsapi.dll failed to load. The data is the error. "
I added that as part of the Install Guide to setting up the SSI includes.
Edited by Jeremy on 11/05/04 06:26 AM (server time).
brandon1
Believe default location is winnt\system32\w3csvc\ Also correction to my second iislockdown mention, it would mean that URLScan is running, if you see those blocked by URLScan in the log files.
Current Project: TS 6.1
Environment: Solaris
Adam Stoller
I may be wrong - but I believe nsapi.dll is for NetScape - and you need iisapi.dll - perhaps you installed / configured for the wrong system?
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Jeremy
Hi,
Must say I feel very stupid now! I checked the IIS settings and its seems it hadn't restarted the last time I stopped it. Started it again and it worked fine now.
Thanks for all the help.
Jeremy
jkm
Hi Guys,
I am trying to enable SSI includes on TS6.5 + Solaris
I am attaching my httpd.conf file of iw-webd here in which I made the required changes as explained in TS install guide.
Ran iwrest -ui and its able to start iw-webd without any errors but while rendering the page its not able to include the html page.
I didnt see any error in error.log file.
Ran TS proxy in debug mode but didnt see any thing peculiar there as well.
Any pointers RTFM are appreciated
jkm
Any pointers on this are apprecciated
jkm
Here are the steps I performed to Enable SSI
From Install Guide
1. Determine if mod_so is enabled by running the following directive:
# apache-home/bin/httpd -l -- I got mod_so.c
2. Look for mod_so.c in the output, then do one of the following:
If mod_so.c is in the output, proceed to Step 3. -- Its in output so proceeded to step 3
If mod_so.c is not in the output, run the following configuration directive to
configure and build Apache with mod_so:
# ./configure --enable-shared=max --prefix=//path_to_apache_home
# make
# make install
3. Determine if your Apache Web server has a mod_ssl patch by running the following
command:
httpd -V
Here is the output
Server version: Apache/1.3.26 (Unix)
Server built: Jun 25 2002 09:37:00
Server's Module Magic Number: 19990320:13
Server compiled with....
-D EAPI
-D HAVE_MMAP
-D USE_MMAP_SCOREBOARD
-D USE_MMAP_FILES
-D HAVE_FCNTL_SERIALIZED_ACCEPT
-D HAVE_SYSVSEM_SERIALIZED_ACCEPT
-D HAVE_PTHREAD_SERIALIZED_ACCEPT
-D HTTPD_ROOT="/usr/apache"
-D SUEXEC_BIN="/usr/apache/bin/suexec"
-D DEFAULT_PIDLOG="/var/run/httpd.pid"
-D DEFAULT_SCOREBOARD="/var/run/httpd.scoreboard"
-D DEFAULT_LOCKFILE="/var/run/httpd.lock"
-D DEFAULT_ERRORLOG="/var/apache/logs/error_log"
-D TYPES_CONFIG_FILE="/etc/apache/mime.types"
-D SERVER_CONFIG_FILE="/etc/apache/httpd.conf"
-D ACCESS_CONFIG_FILE="/etc/apache/access.conf"
-D RESOURCE_CONFIG_FILE="/etc/apache/srm.conf"
4. Look for -D EAPI in the output.
Yes its present
If the output contains -D EAPI, use the mod_iw_ts_rewrite_eapi.so module.
If the output does not contain -D EAPI, use the mod_iw_ts_rewrite.so module.
75
Enabling Server-Side Include Requests
5. Edit the LoadModule section of the httpd.conf file as follows:
If you are using the mod_iw_ts_rewrite_eapi.so redirector module:
LoadModule iw_ts_rewrite_module iw-home/lib/mod_iw_ts_rewrite_eapi.so
I tried to load this module but its not working. Its throwing me an error. Not sure if this is a bug from TS
If you are using the mod_iw_ts_rewrite.so redirector module:
LoadModule iw_ts_rewrite_module iw-home/lib/mod_iw_ts_rewrite.so : Loaded this module and ran the configtest on apache and it worked fine
Note: On IHS servers, the system will fail if the redirector module
mod_iw_ts_rewrite is not loaded as the last module in the configuration. To avoid this,
add the following as the last entry in the httpd.conf file:
LoadModule iw_ts_rewrite_module iw-home/lib/mod_iw_ts_rewrite.so
AddModule mod_iw_ts_rewrite.c
6. Enable relative SSIs in .shtml files as follows:
a. Add the Includes statement to the Directory section of the httpd.conf file as
shown in the following example:
<Directory "/.iwmnt">
Options Indexes FollowSymLinks ExecCGI Includes
AllowOverride None
Order allow,deny
Allow from all
</Directory>
Added the above section. It was already present. I added only Includes in the section
b. Add or uncomment the <If Module mod_mime.c> section in the httpd.conf file
as follows:
<If Module mod_mime.c>
AddType text/html .shtml
AddHandler server-parsed .shtml
</IfModule>
uncommented the files and changed from .shtml to .html
7. Edit the end of the AddModule section of the httpd.conf file as follows:
AddModule mod_iw_ts_rewrite.c
Added this Addmodule line
Stopped and started the Apache Server. Apache server is my customer web server.
tried to preview the page with include tags but its not working. Any pointers where am i doing something wrong
jkm
This is a bug with TS EAPI rewrite module and seems to be documentation bug as well. I tried today with normal SSI include procedure and copied the iw_mod_rewrite module to apache libexec directory and bingo it worked