Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
WorkSite Limitations
System
We've recently been informed by a 3rd party, that Interwoven recommend that WorkSite (8) databases should contain no more that 2.5million documents.
Does anybody know if this limitation exists?
Cheers
Darryl.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
In my experience, the limitation of database size is based on the Server hardware. We are running with 3 Million, and I know of site with more. What may be needed is increasing the memory of the SQL server you are using. Another limitation may be backing up the file store with 2 M documents. Breaking up the file store may resolve this.
This isn't life in the fast lane, it's life in the oncoming traffic.
Migrateduser
I'll throw my two cents in here...
We have about 1.7 million documents in one database. It was running on a Compaq DL380 with dual 500mhz processors and 2 GB of RAM. The MDF and LDFs were on an external RAID 5 cage. I would have prefered to put the LDF on RAID 0, but anyway.
When people would perform searches on the DocName such as " WHERE DOCNAME LIKE '%MEMO%' we would see timeouts and locking blocking problems. Utilization during peak periods would be really high...
We've moved to a Compaq DL380G4 with dual 3.4Ghz processors and 6GB of RAM. It works much better, but if money were no issue I would think about a quad processor box.
I believe Interwoven's recommendation is 3GB for every million documents. You should verify to make sure. If you're in MS's world, you need to move to SQL Enterprise Edition to use more then 2GB of RAM.
Jeff
Migrateduser
In my recent Interwoven training a very definite point was made that the recommendation is to move to a single library. Personally I'm not sold on this.
I guess it's a capacity issue. One thing I noticed as I started getting to the 1.5 Million Documents mark was slowing down, occasionally to the point of timeouts. I started running reindexing scripts from Interwoven and it's still responsive at 2.5 Million. I think library capacity will increase greatly once Interwoven decides that 64-bit machines make good SQL boxes and supports it
Migrateduser
The Wildcard search on DocName (description on the client) is a performace issue for us, and due to the nature of SQL, will always be. For our iManage 8 Implimentation , I'm hiding the decription field in the search diaog and putting the Index search box in it's place.
The alternative is to disable wildcard search in the client. Check the Client customisation guide for details.
Richard
This isn't life in the fast lane, it's life in the oncoming traffic.