Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
CLT for WORKAREA directory deletion
skip11
Hi all,
TS 5.5.2 sp4 sol 8
Is there a command line tool in TS to remove a directory under a WORKAREA ?
I've scanned the CLTS for such a command and do not see anything. I know
rm -rf is a command line, but I don't want to use it.
thanks,
RB
CSG
Zurich
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
rm -rf is the command you would use to remove a directory in a workarea from the filesystem - but you would then need to submit the deletion in order for it to get recorded in the staging area. I believe that if you just provide iwsubmit with the workarea vpath it should work, though you might have to use 'overwrite' mode.
Alternatively, if you capture the complete contents of the directory in a file, reverse-sort it, and intersperse the lines with comments, you can use iwsubmit with overwrite with a filelist to ensure you are only submitting the files you deleted and nothing else in the workarea.
The format is a file like this:
------------
/default/main/.../WORKAREA/waname/directory/file1
deleting because I want to
/default/main/.../WORKAREA/waname/directory/file2
deleting because I want to
...
-------------
The reason I suggest reverse-sorting is because you want to make sure that the directories are listed *after* the files within the directories, otherwise TeamSite might become confused when trying to submit a file deletion for which the deleted directory has already been submitted.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
bboyle
you could try iwupdate from an area that does not contain that directory (like the initial edition). I don't know if that works.