I have 500+ files (exe,pdf,ini,etc…)
The information needs to be stored in a DB.
I want to tag||template||metadata tag them so that I can get them into the DB.
The DB needs the following information
Locale, file path, file date, category name (there is also an ID field but it is auto increment)
Rather than create a template for this information (because there is so little) I was thinking of using metadata.
1.) Locale will come from a dropdown list,
2.) File Path will be the location of the file in Teamsite,
3.) file date will be from a text box,
4.) category name can/will come from a text area or dropdown list box
(there is also an ID field but it is auto increment)
Can I use DD to pull from the files metadata as well as from the file path. I don’t want to have the user type in the file path?
Does this sound like a good solution or is there better ideas?
Thanks in advance!
WIN2K TS/TST 5.5.2 sp5; OD 5.6.0.1; DD 5.5.2
The Professor-