Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Content services compatability
bturns
Content services with TS 5.5.2 and TS 6.x
Has anyone done development with content services on TS 5.5.2 or TS 6.0. Will you please give your feed back on how robust content services is? How much of the TS functionality is available through API. Also, does anyone know what versions of Content Services are compatible with which versions of TS.
Thanks,
Brian
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
smenon
The Content Services SDK 2.x is compatible with TeamSite version 6.x. There is a Content Services SDK 1.x which was built for 5.5.2, but it is very limited in scope. CSSDK 2.x has a very extensive list of APIs and the new Content Center UIs are built on top of this version of the SDK.
--Sunil Menon
Product Manager
Interwoven, Inc.
Migrateduser
Keep in mind this does not mean that every UI function you see is available in the SDK. I had written some very colorful posts a few months back about this, after Interwoven falsely claimed that the entire CS UI was built with the SDK. For instance, you don't get any hooks into the workflow UI (what the available_templates.cfg produces). You also can't build a workflow job spec with any of the Java classes provided in the SDK.
Dave Smith
Sr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com
bturns
Hey Sunil,
Thanks for the quick response. Do you have a list of the available funcitons in CS SDK 1.x? Specifically i need to know if file lock and unlock is available, but a complete list would be nice. Also, is the 1.x version harder to implement on?
Thanks,
Brian
Migrateduser
Download the Javadocs from the support site - that'll give you all the info you need.
Dave Smith
Sr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com
bturns
Unfortunately the support site doesn't offer javadocs for v1.x.
Migrateduser
Oh sorry...I was fixated on 2.0. Good luck.
Dave Smith
Sr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com
Dwayne
I
think
I have the 1.x javadocs, but, if I do, they're on my machine at home. I'll try to track them down from here, but it may have to wait until this evening.
Dwayne
I've attached what I have to this message. Howerver, I'm not sure how useful it's going to be the 1.x CSSDK would have been better labeld a portal SDK. It seems to be pretty tightly coupled with the TeamPortal implementation.
BTW - this file IS available on the support site, but it's not easy to find. Don't go into the 'documentation' section. Instead, go into the product download section. Once you get to CSSDK 1.x, you'll find links to this file.
Oops - I can't attach it - too big. You'll have to pull it from the support site.
--
Current project: TS 5.5.1/6.1 W2K