Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Getting a handle on the profile dialog
RedMorris
Sorry my first post is a question and not help. Bit of a no, no, but I need it at the moment.
I'm updating some old iManage code to work with Worksite 8.0, and most of it is working with very little change, but there's always an exception!
The dialog that comes up when you save a document the first time (don't know what it's called, but it allows you to choose the location, description, and author) is a new feature that is scuppering me. My old NewProfileCmd code is working great for capturing the full detail profile dialog that comes up if you press the Detail button, but I can't find the handle for the one before it. Can anyone help me on this?
Thanks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
jny
Currently, there isn't an event implemented for the Enhanced Integration Application (EAI) SaveAs dialog. What are you trying to do?
RedMorris
I'm trying to set up a WithEvents object of the dialog so I can get the OnInitDialog and OnPostOK events. I can get the Detail dialog, but not the new EAI one. Know of a way?
jny
I'm sorry but very confused by which dialog you're referring to...is it:
(1) The New Profile dialog that is displayed after selecting the Detail button from the Save As dialog, Or
(2) The SaveAs dialog (which is the one where you may select an import location).
If it's (1), you should be able to get a handle to the NewProfileDlg Object through NRS scripting or An ICommand Event Wrapper command. If it's (2), there are no events implemented for this Save As dialog yet as mentioned previously. The events for this dialog will be implemented for inclusion in the 8.1 release.
RedMorris
Unfortunately it is 2. If I call it "The dialog that has the Detail button on it", that should make it clear which one I mean.
Alas, I must find another way, which will need me to present a Save As New Version, New Document, Replace Original dialog and get the result.
As you seem to be knowledgeable on these things, do you know what that one is called? Or a document which lists these so I can stop annoying you with dumb questions?
)
Edited by RedMorris on 08/04/04 03:38 AM (server time).
jny
I thought I hit it right on the nail in my initial rely: "Currently, there isn't an event implemented for the Enhanced Integration Application (EAI) SaveAs dialog. " Then I got thrown off after I read "I can get the Detail dialog, but not the new EAI one, " in your response to my question on what you are trying to do.
So you would like to bring up your own Save As Options dialog so that you can capture the selected option? Is that what you mean? If so, how would you go about plugging in your own instance of this dialog? Or do you mean that you would like to catch an event of the Save As Options dialog -- in EAI mode, when end-user selects File | Save As -- so that you can find out the selected save-as option? If it's the latter, you may write an ICommand Event Wrapper to catch the SaveAsOptionCmd_PostOnOK Event to find out this. Please see attached sample VB project to do this. Also, you would need to add the progid of the event wrapper DLL to this reg key:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Interwoven\WorkSite\Add-Ins\Commands\online]
"SaveAsOption" = "MyProject.MyEventWrapper"
P.S. You're not annoying me at all.
Sometimes it takes a few rounds of questions to succinctly understand what is being conveyed.