Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Disabling Template
Angelia
Hello,
I hope someone can answer this question for me.
Is their a way I can disable a template and still be able to modify/edit existing dcr's from within that same template?
I hope that make sense. Help!
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
nipper
So you do not want any NEW DCRs but edit current ones ?
No OOTB way to do that, though a couple of ideas. You can
disable the New Data Record menu item (in 5.5.X edit the iw.cfg file).
That would do it for all DCRs, not just a certain branch.
You could also take write access away on the directories (/data on down).
That means someone can edit a current DCR but not add a new one, they will
get errors when they try to save.
HTH
BTW, what rev of TS and OS please
Andy
Angelia
Thanks Andy for your help!
Dwayne
I don't know any way of disabling it "up front" unless you're going to disable
all
new DCR access, system wide, which I doubt you want to do.
You could probably do something with FormAPI to prevent users from
saving
a new DCR, but that's not very "user friendly."
--
Current project: TS 5.5.2/6.1 W2K
DateRangeCrosstab.rptdesign
Adam Stoller
You might actually be able to use FormAPI to do something like, on-load - if a certain required field is empty (meaning this is a *new* DCR) - traverse through the entire form and mark all the fields read-only / or hide them - and post an alert that indicates users are only allowed to edit pre-existing DCRs of this type.... and you'll probably want to disable Save and Save As, Preview and Generate functions...
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Dwayne
Rather than
In reply to:
use FormAPI to do something like, on-load - if a certain required field is empty
I would try using IWDCRInfo.getDCRName(). If it's null, then the DCR is unnamed (and, therefore, new).
Huge caveat: I've not actually
used
this function myself. This is based solely on Interwoven documentation. Substantial testing required.
--
Current project: TS 5.5.2/6.1 W2K
Adam Stoller
I like that - sounds cleaner.
Though if you have a workflow-driven content creation process (like my customer does, but perhaps not Angelia's) you'd have to trap on the required field - or further up-stream because by the time you get the Edit DCR window - the DCR will have already been created (as a virtually empty shell).
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
JonathonG
We actually do something like this. We check the user's credentials, and, unless one of a handful that are allowed to create a new DCR, we do the following:
alert("You are not authorized to create a new data record.");
IWDatacapture.close();
That effectively prevents them from creating a new record.
Jonathon
Independent Interwoven Contractor