Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Some images broken in Preview
princefarming
I have a strange case here. We're using TS 6.1 on a windows 2003 server. Some users upon previewing a dcr experience broken images, others don't, this happens consistently with all images in a preview. I've tried logging in as one of the users who experiences this and the image isn't broken for me. I've also had others try this and it's a mix some experience the broken image others don't.
I've gone as far as putting the image in their workarea, so they should see the image. Right?
Any ideas?
Michael Wynn
TD Bank Financial Group
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
stefanmaier
Hi,
what's your iwproxy config in iw.cfg?
Perhaps you try to start the proxy in debug mode in a command shell with
iwproxy -d (after you've stopped the windows proxy service)
Bye
Stefan
princefarming
No I'm not doing an iwproxy -d at all.
Michael Wynn
TD Bank Financial Group
princefarming
Plus I'm not doing anything as far as the proxy is concerned now, I'm only referencing the image from the current workarea.
Michael Wynn
TD Bank Financial Group
nipper
The idea was to stop iwproxy and restart it in debug mode.
When you click preview, save one of the files that was created /iwmnt/.../branch/WORKAREA/workarea/zz_something)
rename that to blah.html and click on it from the GUI.
see if it is consistant in its behavior for the users in question and/or yourself
Andy
iwovGraduate
Can the same user preview the image file itself ?
(e.g. : if the missing image in preview is <wa_vpath>/images/xyz.jpg, browse to that directory from the UI, click on xyz.jpg file. That will show the xyz.jpg in preview mode. )
princefarming
No they can't preview the image itself, even on it's own.
Michael Wynn
TD Bank Financial Group
princefarming
Actually I'll double check this one and let you know.
Michael Wynn
TD Bank Financial Group
iwovGraduate
permissions issues maybe ?
princefarming
I think it is a permissions issue. But most likely a network caching thing maybe. Let me check this stuff and I'll get back to you, thanks for the responses so far.
Michael Wynn
TD Bank Financial Group
iwovGraduate
Talking about caching -- make sure caching is disabled on your preview server.