Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Attachments in Nested Workflow
System
Hi,
Should <wftask> element automatically pass attached files to child workflow? It appears so going by the documentation. But in reality this is not happening. I am in TS 6.1 on Solaris.
My wftask element looks like this -
<wftask name='nested_wf'
owner = 'admin'
description = 'Initiate the nested review WF'
start = 'f'>
<areavpath v = '/default/main/TestBranch/WORKAREA/TestWA'/>
<successors>
<successorset description='Writers Final Decision'>
<succ v = 'writers_final_decision'/>
</successorset>
</successors>
<jobfile v ='/opt/Interwoven/TeamSite/local/config/wft/custom/1091410998.xml'/>
<activation>
<pred v = 'set_wa_permission_rev'/>
</activation>
</wftask>
and start task of nested workflow is as follows -
<externaltask name='email_reviewer'
owner = 'admin'
description = 'Send Email To Legal Reviewer'
start = 't'>
<areavpath v = '/default/main/TestBranch/WORKAREA/prWA89'/>
<successors>
<successorset description='Legal Review' >
<succ v = 'legal_review'/>
</successorset>
</successors>
<command v='/opt/Interwoven/TeamSite/bin/iwsend_mail.ipl '/>
<variables>
<variable key= 'mail_to' value='admin'/>
<variable key= 'mail_from' value='admin'/>
<variable key= 'mail_message' value = 'You have been assigned this review task'/>
<variable key= 'mail_subject' value = 'Review Task Assignment'/>
<variable key= 'mail_html' value = '1'/>
</variables>
</externaltask>
I am not adding files in the start task with the assumtion that that will be automatically passed by wftask element in parent workflow.
I confirmed from iwgetwfobj command that parent wftask does have files attached (files are attched some where up in the workflow). But in nested workflow start task there are none.
I can attach files exclusively to child workflow while creating the job specification file (at run time) but wanted to make sure I am not missing anything here and system is expected to work like that only.
Appreciate your suggestion.
Thanks
-PB
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
I believe you need to have the same code in your nested wft as you do in the parent wft, for handling pre-selected files within the start-task.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Migrateduser
The parent sends the child the
iw_file
key, where you can access those files in the array
__VALUE__('iw_file');
, as ghoti said, the same way you do it in the parent.
Dave Smith
Sr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com