Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Deployment Agent: changing username for a project
System
I just noticed that it is not possible to change the username that is used to run a project in Deployment Agent.
Now, I have a few rather elaborate projects (several derivatives, targets, schedules) for which I have to do it, for internal reasons.
If I have to create them from scratch I'm in for several hours of very boring work, so I started looking at the database.
I noticed that usernames are stored in the "Projects" table of the MediaBinDA database, so I was wondering if the following procedure would work:
1. stop the DA service
2. edit the Projects table, so that the new usernames replace the old ones (passwords will be wrong at this point)
3. go to the mbda website and edit the properties of each project, so that the correct password is used
4. restart the DA service
I guess that steps 1 and 4 are needed, but as an alternative, would setting all schedules for all projects on "Execute Never" have the same effect? It's just that I have the rights to set the schedules but someone else is responsible of the services, and they're not lightning fast...
Has anyone tried it, or is there a kind soul at Interwoven who can help me out with this one?
Thanks in advance
Folco Banfi
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
I forwarded a link to your post on to a few folks, and there's no concrete reply as yet. Someone did ask if you tried backing up your DA database and attempt the procedure?
hth,
lissa
Migrateduser
No, we haven't tried that yet, as we do not really have a R&D MediaBin infrastructure available to try this on (setting one up would involve quite a few people).
Any chance that you could try it and let us know of the results? I can open an official support request about this if you need.
Folco Banfi
sample.rptdesign
Migrateduser
Any news on this? As I said, I can open an offical support request if this makes things easier for you.
Folco Banfi
detail.zip
Migrateduser
yeah, it's probably best for you to open a case with support.
regards,
lissa