Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Managing asp.net pages in teamsite
Mordy
Hi,
Please forgive me in advance if I'm posting to the wrong spot, but here goes:
I'm developing an asp form in visual studio.net that will contain interwoven content. I need to know what I should do in order that the .aspx, .aspx.vb files get properly stored in team site, and that the interwoven data gets merged properly in the template file resulting in a proper aspx page, and /bin/webapp.dll files get properly deployed onto the IIS server. I'm a little new to the interwoven universe, so I'd appreciate any help I can get.
Thanks,
Mordecai Zibkoff
Garvan Interactive.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
RonaldV
It looks like you can just create the same filestructure (the one you want under your IIS-webroot) in your teamsite workarea.
Will this do?
Ronald
Mordy
This will work for editing the .aspx pages, but what I was really hoping for was a higher degree of integration in visual studio. Perhaps msscci integration with the IW repository? or a build as part of the deployment process? That way, I can take advantage of the history functions, and any code written in my code behinds will be complied into the appripriate DLLs at deploy time. Has anyone tried to do this? please advise.
NathansDIS
I have run into a problem with a transactional deployment of a .NET web. The transactional deployment process does a file renaming and copy process. The other day when trying to copy a .dll file in a .NET web app, my OD receiver crashed, probably because the .dll it was trying to copy was in use. I am following up on this with support and will post any additional info I learn to this thread.
-Nathan
Washington DIS
Gregg Faus
Mordy,
You're not going to find a source control add-in for TeamSite. As far as I know, there isn't one. In order to do so you'd need to have CSSDK on your server so that you could create an add-in to interact the backing store.
I develop with the code-behind model so I still use VSS for the source code and then just copy over the aspx and dll files over to my workarea when they are ready. I never deploy source code out to the web servers or even have it in the workarea for that matter. It always seems to confuse designers if I do so.