Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Parameter substitution problem
campbep1
Hi there,
Wonder if anyone can help.
I am using OpenDeploy 5.6.
I have written my deployment script, and have put in a parameter substitution in for the target directory.
e.g. /app/webroot/$dir^ (dir being the directory I want deployed.)
Now it works fine if I pass the $dir^ param. in, but if I don't pass the param. in it assumes /apps/webroot and forgets about the /$dir^
Is this how it should work? Or am I doing something wrong.
Thanks in advance,
Paul
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Dwayne
I must be missing something here.
If you don't provide a value for the 'dir' parameter, what do you expect it to do?
I
would expect OD to behave in that case as if you had provided an empty value for 'dir.' It sounds from your description that this is in fact what's happening.
--
Current project: TS 5.5.2/6.1 W2K
Adam Stoller
It is correct (or at least the defacto established) behavior - and I believe if you look at the logs you'll even see a note indicating that it didn't find a value for dir so it's using '' - or something to that effect.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
campbep1
Hi Dwayne,
I expect OD to complain that I haven't provided a "dir" , as we have a website that has multiplue sections within our website, and they all want to do there own work and then deploy it.
We have been trying to make the deployment script generic so that we only need one script rather than one for each section of the site.
Thanks
Paul
campbep1
Fish,
Thanks very much for replying.
Is there any way round this? Can I make it halt if it doesn't have that parameter?
Thanks
Paul
Adam Stoller
I don't believe so - no. The only way it would halt is if the parameter was followed by additional static path specifications such that if it weren't supplied the resultant path would be invalid.
At one point there was talk about revamping the way parameters worked in OD config files so that you could supply default values, and if that were the case you could set the default value to something invalid. But I don't believe this has been implemented in the product.
Perhaps Todd or one of the OD Engineers can comment further...
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
campbep1
Fish many thanks for your answer.
Paul
Migrateduser
The ability to specify default substitution values hasn't been implemented. The feature request # is 34628.
Todd Scallan
Director of Product Management
Interwoven
t: 408-530-7167
e:
tscallan@interwoven.com