Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Accessibility
System
Can anyone provide some pointers on making web content more accessible to people with disabilities? I checked out a few sites but they were pretty vague and mostly talked about making the information available on other media. Just real high level concepts for me to research in greater depth would be great.
Thanks,
-John
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
I talked to someone about a year ago who used this firm to get compliance on their product. When I checked out their web site then it had good background stuff. Not sure if it still does, although a cursory glance indicates it might:
http://www.ssbtechnologies.com/
Good luck.
lissa
bboyle
Try the Web Accessibility Initiative:
http://www.w3.org/WAI/
Migrateduser
Now a customer is looking for an accessible CMS...does anyone know if TeamSite is accessible, or if there are any CMS products which are?
Migrateduser
I don't know if this helps you, but I know from experience that the U.S. federal government and various state governments use both TeamSite and Vignette. Of course their product is strictly 508 compliant, but perhaps their development tools are, as well.
Okay, well I spent less than a minute giving TS 6.1 a critical eye with regard to 508 and it is NOT 508 compliant in at least several ways. Perhaps older versions are or perhaps Vignette Portal is (don't have it in front of me right now to scrutinize).
Dave
Current Environment(s):
(1) TS 6.1 SP1 on W2K3
(2) TS 6.1 SP1 on W2K
(3) TS 5.5.2 SP2 on Win2K
Migrateduser
John:
One of our technology partners, WatchFire, provides solutions
for web content accessibility and privacy testing. They are subject
matter experts on most things compliance-related, and their solutions
neatly integrated with workflow so that you can automated compliance
checks.
If you are looking to build compliant templates and enforce compliance
on your content, WatchFire is a good place to start.
http://www.watchfire.com
Kevin